Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 46 of 536 FirstFirst ... 36 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 56 96 146 ... LastLast

Monte Cassino cross

Article about: I dont htink about this like a collection maybe it is naive but it is a part of my family and describe the brave men which hard to find these days.Some award documents.tedAttachment 356198At

Hello Dragon,

The Plain Bar denoted a second to fourth award of the Cross of Merit.

Best wishes

Andrzej

Hello Everyone,

Another face of a recipient of the Monte Cassino Cross

Monte Cassino cross

Plutowny Jozef Dobjasz 4BSK MCC 4125

Best wishes

Andrzej

?

Hi Emma, I am in a similar situation although the medals were not stolen! When my grandfather died my grandmother reluctantly sold them because they had no money for food and she had 3 young children to feed.

I was wondering what sources you have been using or if you may have located the cross yet??
    Have you any good websites to reunite people with lost or stolen medals..?

It gives me hope when reading that 2 have been reunited with their owner! I realise it's like a needle in a haystack but would like to give the details of my grandfathers medal that I am searching for!

He was in polish 2nd corps
    His medals were sold to a man in stroud,gloucestershire.
    His monte cassino number was 37185

I am willing to buy it back! Please keep a look out for this number and I will write yours down and will keep a look out along my way Emma

Kind regards,Tessa

Hello Tessa,

May I be the first to welcome you to the War Relics Forum.

Best wishes

Andrzej

?

Hello Andrzej,

Thank you for your kind wishes,

I have lots of army photos and army papers and certificates I will upload and share with you all in a few days

Please may I ask you to keep a look out for number 37185 monte cassino medal,belonging to leon pilipczuk 8 heavy anti-aircraft regiment

Kind regards,
    Tessa

Hello Everyone,

You all know what it is like when you see an item on display in a museum and there is no list of items on display, many would have seen the attached photograph that I took when visiting the Sikorski Museum in London nearly 20 years ago, before the age of digital camera's.

The attached photograph shows a British Battledress Tunic, what's different with that, well the fact that it has Parachute Wings for a start.

I had nothing to do this afternoon except watch the hale and torent of water that rolled down my street, so I decided to do some investigating and found the following Information:

Monte Cassino cross

(Click to enlarge photo in a new window)

The person this belonged to was Pulkownik (Colonel) Eugeniusz Swiecicki, Born: 7th June 1896 , ex 1PUL, 23PUL, Parachute Wings Numbered: 4423, Monte Cassino Cross Numbered: 48369. Commanding Officer 3PUL.

Best wishes

Andrzej

Hello Everyone,

Another Uniform from the Sikorski Museum, which I have identified the owner:

Monte Cassino cross

(Click the photograph to enlarge in a new window)

The Uniform of Podpulkownik mgr. Antoni Smodlibowski ex PUK (Carpathian Lancers Regt, ex 1PUK), 10 Dragoons, MCC 29706 (1PUK) British Military Cross awarded whilst Rotmistrz (Captain of Horse) PUK.

Ribbon Bars Denote:

Top Row: Virtuti Militari Silver Cross Nr: 9264, Cross of Valour 1918-1921 x 3. Cross of Valour 1939-45 x 1, Gold Cross of Merit with Swords.

2nd Row: Army Medal, Monte Cassino Cross Nr: 29706, 1918-1921 War Medal, 10th Anniversary of Indpendence Medal.

3rd Row: 20 Year Long Service Medal, 10 Year Long Service Medal, British Military Cross (1942), 1939-45 Star.

4th Row: Africa Star, Italy Star, 1939-1945 War Medal, Italian War Cross.

Best wishes

Andrzej

?

Hi Andrzej,

I have read through this thread and you give good details regarding a soldier when given the monte cassino nr...could I kindly ask you what information you have on my grandfather,leon pilipczuk number 37185

Kind regards,Tessa

Hello Tessa,

Many thanks for your email a lot of members refer to me as the Polish Section Archivist, which is limited to my small library, I have been interested in Polish Militaria since the early 1970's and my very first purchase was a Virtuti Militari Silver Cross awarded to a Polish Squadron Leader for £10.00p I also purchased his Cross of Valour with 2 Bars for £15.00p, for me then it was nearly a weeks wage, but it started my interest with Polish Militaria.

Forgive me for going on a bit.

Pilipczuk is not a common surname, hence only 3 are listed on the Monte Cassino Cross Register, they are as follows:

1) Lance Corporal Cyryl Pilipczuk, Born 1908, Army Number: 1908/43/III, served with 2 Carpathian Transport Company Monte Cassino Cross Nr: 10333

2) Artilleryman Leon Pilipczuk, Born 1923, Army Number: 1923/170/III, served with 8PAPLotCie (8th Medium Anti Aircraft Artillery Regiment), Monte Cassino Cross Nr: 37185

3) Rifleman Mikolaj Pilipczuk, Born 1919,Army Number: 1919/57/III, served with 6th Rifle Battalion, 2nd Carpathian Rifle Brigade, 3rd Carpathian Rifle Division.

Tessa, I also have a copy of the Regimental History "8 Pulk Artylerii PrzeciwLotniczej Ciezkiej" written by Kazimierz Bortkiewicz in 1991.

Kanonier (Artilleryman) Pilipczuk,L. is listed as being awarded the Cross of Valour

The individual records in the book list his British Awards Legitymacja Numbered: 673

His Medal Wojska (Army Medal) Legitymacja Numbered: 12747 dated: 22nd September 1946

His 2nd Corps Badge Legitymacja (Authorization to wear) Numbered : 688 (the Regimental History only lists 3 digits therefore I would surmise that the 2nd Corps Badge is Numbered: 0688 _ _

I will leave that one in your hands to answer Tessa.

After the war had ended your Grandfather came to the UK with his Regiment and was stationed at Mona Airfield Camp near Gwalchma, Anglesey

I have found a couple of recent photographs of the Airfield to give you some idea of where he was stationed:

Monte Cassino cross

Monte Cassino cross

(Click to enlarge photographs will open in a new window)

I hope that the above information is of some use and help

Best wishes

Andrzej

Hello Everyone,

I have just been looking on the Polish Auction Site Allegro, on offer are two 2nd Corps Badges for sale the asking price is 1,900.00 PLN, which totals 684.45 CAD, or 627.48 USD, or £373.31p, if they sell that will be a record.

Best wishes

Andrzej

p.s. the Badges are located in the Odznaczania-Polska-PSZ na Zachodzie, Badges are Numbered: 036678 & 002919.

Page 46 of 536 FirstFirst ... 36 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 56 96 146 ... LastLast