Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 54 of 537 FirstFirst ... 4 44 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 64 104 154 ... LastLast

Monte Cassino cross

Article about: I dont htink about this like a collection maybe it is naive but it is a part of my family and describe the brave men which hard to find these days.Some award documents.tedAttachment 356198At

Hello Everyone,

I have found the following Legitymacja for the Monte Cassino Cross on the Internet issued in May 1980, by the Polish Government in Exile in London and thought that I would share it with you all.

Monte Cassino cross

Best wishes

Andrzej

p.s. click on image to enlarge in a new window
    Last edited by andrzejku98; 11-09-2014 at 02:00 PM.

Hello Everyone

A few more Faces of recipients of the Monte Cassino Cross this time from 15 Pulk Ulanow Poznanskich,

Monte Cassino cross

Kapral Wladyslaw Dabrowski MCC 23735

Monte Cassino cross

St. Ulan Jozef Brejwo MCC 23676

Monte Cassino cross

St Ulan Pawel Dabrowski KW x 2 MCC 23743

Monte Cassino cross

Ulan Arkadiusz Noskowicz MCC 24077

Monte Cassino cross

Ulan Jan Soszynski MCC 24264

Monte Cassino cross

Ulan Tadeusz Kaminski MCC 23921

Monte Cassino cross

Ulan Tadeusz Wichlinski MCC 24380

Monte Cassino cross

Ulan Wladyslaw Guziewicz MCC 23808

Monte Cassino cross

Ulan Zygmunt Domanski MCC 23753

Monte Cassino cross

Anna Marie Anders talking with Ulan Artur Gospodarczyk MCC 23801 at Monte Cassino

Thats all for now

Best wishes

Andrzej

p.s. Click on photographs to enlarge in a new window.

15 Pulk Ulanow Poznanskich
    Monte Cassino cross with my great-grandfather

Monte Cassino cross and my great-grandfather on left with friend from 15 Pulk Ulanow Poznanskich i dont remember name i only know he back from war and live in England

?

Hi Andrzej, So here I am back from my long vacation. I guess this is one of the PSK women who were awarded the unnumbered crosses we spoke about some months back.

?

Dear Group,
    By the way, for anyone following the saga of possible publication of the recipients’ lists by the Sikorski Institute… I spoke to the keeper of the Records while I was in London a few weeks ago and was told that they were planning to publish them “next year”… pretty much the same thing I was told when I asked the very same question in 2009!!! Make of that what you will. I guess we will have to continue to rely on the generosity of our Pan Andrzej until such time as they do. I managed to get another 2000+ names for my list which will keep me typing for some time… but the delay really is very frustrating.
    Regards, Mark.

?

Quote by ostro View Post
    Dear Group,
    By the way, for anyone following the saga of possible publication of the recipients’ lists by the Sikorski Institute… I spoke to the keeper of the Records while I was in London a few weeks ago and was told that they were planning to publish them “next year”… pretty much the same thing I was told when I asked the very same question in 2009!!! Make of that what you will. I guess we will have to continue to rely on the generosity of our Pan Andrzej until such time as they do. I managed to get another 2000+ names for my list which will keep me typing for some time… but the delay really is very frustrating.
    Regards, Mark.
    Publishing such a list would be the greatest tribute to these man and women. I have no idea why this wasn't done a long time ago. Monuments plaques have been erected and made to commemorate them yet a simple list of names seems to be elusive. Collectors and families would gladly pay for such a list in book form, but it's the 21 century this list should be on line or at least in pdf format which would cut down on costs greatly.

The Polish government is spending millions on monuments and new museums in Gdansk and Warsaw a few quid for a pdf list would not be a great expense.

I still remember the thrill I had when Andrzej gave me the names to go with the few unnamed crosses I had laying around. I was able to put histories and faces to some of them which made these man live again in my mind and reminded me of their histories. This is the greatest tribute Lest We Forget

I agree with all of the above posts but if the continual delay from PISM is a question of money I am sure the worldwide SPK and other Polish groups might find the little that must be required to pay for this list to be published. As a Polish heritage project and future memorial list of recipients of the Monte Cassino Cross its value would be immeasurable. If its a question of manpower to input and proof read datasets I am sure this could be distributed out among a group of willing volunteers to cut the down task into managable modules which could be then merged into one database pretty easliy. But in fact huge sections of data have already been unofficially collated by those members on WRF who have consistently proved the value and need for having this data freed from its paperbased purgatory at the PISM.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

?

Hi Andrzej,

Would you please check who was awarded a MCC#23640, and a MCC#39911. Many thanks

Cheers,
    Kosa

Hello Kosa,

The recipients details are as follows:

Monte Cassino Cross Nr: 23640 was awarded to:

Surname: BALLAUN

Christian Name: Mieczyslaw

Date of Birth: 1903

Army Number (also found on his ID Tags): 1903-100-III

Unit: 15PULP

Monte Cassino Cross Nr: 39911 was awarded to:

Surname: NIKOLISZYN

Christian Name: MIchal

Date of Birth: 1916

Army Number (also found on his ID Tags): 1916-37-III

Unit: 10 Kompania Mostowa.

Best wishes

Andrzej

?

Andrzejku,

In reading many of the posts, I find you help so many people with their research and you helped me back in May with my father and mother's Monte Cassino Crosses.
    Knowing that my father was in the 4th PAL during Monte Cassino, how can I track the other regiments that he was in? I have some documents that he was in the 7th PAL of the 5 Kresowa DP.
    I am trying to trace his steps from a the 29th PAL during the September Defensive Campaign, to a Soviet prison to Ander's Army, trying to figure out where he was and what units he served with.
    Any additional help from you would be great. His name: Zdzislaw E. Serbinski. Father's name: Marian.

Thanks,
    BasiaS

Page 54 of 537 FirstFirst ... 4 44 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 64 104 154 ... LastLast