Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 75 of 536 FirstFirst ... 25 65 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 85 125 175 ... LastLast

Monte Cassino cross

Article about: I dont htink about this like a collection maybe it is naive but it is a part of my family and describe the brave men which hard to find these days.Some award documents.tedAttachment 356198At

Hello Everyone,

I had noticed this cross of the Allegro site the seller was a well known Warsaw dealer. I did actually download the photos from the site for reference.

Monte Cassino cross

Monte Cassino cross

Monte Cassino cross

The MCC was awarded to Kapral Juliusz Serafin, Born in 1922, Army Number: 1922-171-III, 12PULP, he ended the war as a Podporucznik in the 7 PUL Lub along with a KW.

Best wishes

Andrzej

p.s. I sincerely hope that the MCC and owner are reunited soon.

?

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    Thanks Rob. Yes, I recall kosa's post now. I wonder if he was the one that spotted the auction and had it closed. Let's hope the cross finds its way to its rightful owner.

Regards,
    Tony
    Hi Tony,

Warsaw Police seized the stolen MCC at Niemczyk’s Antykwariat Numizmatyczny in Warsaw on the 1st of July 2015. Did Niemczyk know he had listed a stolen item on Allegro? I bet my life he did. I notified many dealers and auction houses in August 2014. I notified Niemczyk’s numizmatyka.waw. as well.
    Antykwariat Numizmatyczny listed the cross in the LWP 1943-1989 (Polish People’s Army 1943-1989) category instead of PSZ/Z (Polish Armed Forces in the West) category. Did they list it in wrong category out of mistake? I don’t think so as they had listed a bunch of Monte Cassino Crosses before in the right category, which is PSZ/Z.

Honesty, I didn’t know I would ever recover the cross but I never gave up searching for it. I used to search ebay, allegro and other sites and places on a regular basis. On the 29th of June I noticed it on Allegro.

Cheers,
    Kosa

Monte Cassino cross

?

Quote by andrzejku98 View Post
    p.s. I sincerely hope that the MCC and owner are reunited soon.
    Hi Andrzej,

I have talked to the Police today. I will get the cross after they have completed their paperwork and have closed the case. I took me 9 months to recover it

Cheers,
    Kosa

Hello Kosa,

Congratulations, your hard work has paid off

Best wishes

Andrzej

Kosa, I echo Andrzej, congratulations. Perseverance pays off. And I can't help but agree that the mis-listing of the cross on the numizmatyka site is suspicious. Main thing though is the cross is found and recovered, which is quite remarkable. Well done.

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

Thank you Tony. From my talks to the officer in charge I gather that Niemczyk may be charged with possession of property obtained by crime. The Police need my email I sent to numizmatyka in August 2014. I still have it on my HDD.

Cheers,
    Kosa

You're most welcome Kosa. From my experience the postal service within Poland is safe and efficient, so having this cross originally stolen in transit was quite unusual. While the original culprit in the postal service might have gotten away, let's hope justice is served with the shop owner should he be found guilty of knowingly selling stolen goods.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

a77
    ?

Hello everyone.
    This is my first post on this forum so welcome

Could you tell me some information about MCC #46744?

Many thanks!

a77
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Monte Cassino cross   Monte Cassino cross  

?

Hi,
    One more to collection:

Monte Cassino cross

Andrzejku98 - great job & work on this topic

Andrzejku could you please help me identify Cross number 45769?
    Thank you.

Best regards,

Page 75 of 536 FirstFirst ... 25 65 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 85 125 175 ... LastLast