Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 83 of 536 FirstFirst ... 33 73 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 93 133 183 ... LastLast

Monte Cassino cross

Article about: I dont htink about this like a collection maybe it is naive but it is a part of my family and describe the brave men which hard to find these days.Some award documents.tedAttachment 356198At

Hi,all!

Andrzej,

Thank you very much!

I have a question.Please tell me number of crosses MC list...

Regards.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Monte Cassino cross  

A cross came into work recently. Not got the number to hand, but it came with a dog tag for Wojak, Zdzislaw W2405 Karpathian Lancers.

Cheers, Ade
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hello Ade,

Many thanks for your post, the information I have been able to glean is has follows:

Surname: WOJAK

Christian Name: ZDZISLAW

Date of Birth: 21st September 1914

Army Number: 1914-73-III

Unit: Carpathian Lancers Regiment

Monte Cassino Cross awarded : 38714

Zdzislaw fought at Tobruk so is entitled to the Independent Carpathian Brigade Badge, whilst serving in the Brigade his rank was Plutowny (Lance Sergeant). For his service he was also awarded the Wound Ribbon and 1 Star, KW (Cross of Valour 1939-45), BKZzM (Bronze Cross of Merit with Swords), Medal Wojska (Army Medal).

After the end of the war in Europe he decided to come to the UK where he married a Katherine May Thorpe (Born 1909), Zdzislaw died in 1987 in Nottingham, Katherine May died in 1982 in Nottingham.

That's all that I could find for you at the moment, I hope that it is of some use to you.

Best wishes

Andrzej

Brilliant!

This is what came into work.

Thanks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Monte Cassino cross   Monte Cassino cross  

Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

What a great group Adrian!!

Szwedzki
    ?

Hi, maybe sombody could help me a bit. My wifes grandfather fought in ww2, he was polish and i'm trying to help my wife find out a bit more about where he was and which unit he was in.

It seems like he served 1941-1947, name was Antoni Skwirzynski.

I found a lot of document that is in polish and translating can be a bit of a hassle. Found a eagle with the text "Tobruk" on the front and the digits 3355 on the back. I also found a cross with the text "Monte Cassino" on the front and digits 38631.

Thanks in advance!

Hello Szwedzki,

May I be the first to welcome you to the forum, your wifes Grandfather Starszy Ulan (Lance Corporal) Antoni Skwirzynski, born in 1922, Army Number: (also found on His ID Tags): 1922-6-III, Pulk Ulanow Karpackich (Carpathian Lancers Regiment).

St.Ulan. Antoni Skwirzynski was awarded the Monte Cassino Cross Numbered: 38631.

I will try to find my list of recipients of awards for the PUK and will let you know if I find anything.

Best wishes

Andrzej

p.s. The Crowned Eagle badge in 800 silver with the number on the reverse sounds to me to be the Carpathian Rifle Brigade Badge, can you post any photos.

Andrzejku,

Would you be so kind to share some information on the recipient of the MCC # 1507

Hello ProPatria,

Many thanks for your post, when awarded the MCC Nr: 1507 the recipients details where as follows:

Surname: KOŁEK

Christian Name: Marian

Date of Birth: 1905

Army Number : (also found on His ID Tags) : 1905-361-III

Unit: KGL2BSK (Headquarters Staff 2nd Rifle Brigade, 3rd Carpathian Rifle Division).

Unfortunately the only other piece of information that I could find was in the 1939 Rocznik Oficerski (1939 Officers Yearbook) which has listed a Marian Adolf KOŁEK. Unfortunately I do not have a copy therefore if any of the Forum members do have a copy , could they please look this Officer up.

Best wishes

Andrzej

Thank you Andrzejku. Since the recipient of the cross was an officer I hope I will be able to find more information.
    Any farther information from members of the forum will be much appreciated.

Page 83 of 536 FirstFirst ... 33 73 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 93 133 183 ... LastLast