Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 98 of 535 FirstFirst ... 48 88 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 108 148 198 ... LastLast

Monte Cassino cross

Article about: I dont htink about this like a collection maybe it is naive but it is a part of my family and describe the brave men which hard to find these days.Some award documents.tedAttachment 356198At

Ah, thank you Andrzej.

Yes, just gone through the thread and found the info that you supplied, sorry for the duplication but the number didn't come up in the search tool. i do believe that Armiapolski was the previous owner who I have just purchased it from.

Many thanks again
    Stefan

?

Andrzej, I'm sorry to approach you so soon after the wealth of information you have already given, I suppose in this affair I am feeling quite greedy. Wladyslaw Rittaler was 27 in 1939. Family gossip has it that he was a soldier before the nazi invasion. Further that he was deported to Siberia. Do you have any suggestion of where I can begin to unravel this twisted ball? Records of pre-1939 military service? Records of which camp in Siberia he was sent to? I appreciate the great deal of help you have already been. So please, no worries if you don't know where to point me. Thank you, ~scott

?

Andrzej, I'm sorry to approach you so soon after the wealth of information you have already given, I suppose in this affair I am feeling quite greedy. Wladyslaw Rittaler was 27 in 1939. Family gossip has it that he was a soldier before the nazi invasion. Further that he was deported to Siberia. Do you have any suggestion of where I can begin to unravel this twisted ball? Records of pre-1939 military service? Records of which camp in Siberia he was sent to? I appreciate the great deal of help you have already been. So please, no worries if you don't know where to point me. Thank you, ~scott

Hello Scott,

I have already gone through the index of victims of soviet repression with no luck in uncovering a Rittaler, I even searched through the over 8,000 Władysław's also with no joy in finding any Rittaler listed. If Wladyslaw was a Pre 1939 Regular or Reservist then your best bet would be to contact the Polish Military Records Centre at Rembertow to see if they have any information on Władysław.

If they have nothing then you would have to apply to the British M-o-D to obtain copies of his service records for which they now charge.

Scott that is all that I can offer you, because the authorities will not disclose Military Service Information to non family.

Let us know how you get on.

Best wishes

Andrzej

Andrzej could you post the address and contact information for the "Polish Military Records Centre at Rembertow"

Regards
    Chris......

Hello Chris,

Many thanks for your post here is the address :

Centralne Archiwum Wojskowe

ul. Czerwonych Beretów

124 00-910

Warszawa-Rembertów Polska

Best wishes

Andrzej

Hi Andrzej

I hope you don't mind me asking but what info do you have on MCC 40,833?

I have name, rank and company but nothing else and would like to have a full record for my framed display.

Kind regards
    Stefan

Hello Stefan,

Many thanks for your post regarding information on the recipient of the MCC Nr : 40833 when awarded His details were as follow's:

Surname: Pauliński

Christian Name : Piotr

Date of Birth : 1914

Army Number : (also found on His ID Tags) : 1914-177-III

Unit: 11 Baon Lacznosci (11th Signals Battalion).

Stefan unfortunately that's all that I could glean from the internet, he did not appear on the index of victims of soviet repression.

I hope that the above information is of some use and help to you.

Best wishes

Andrzej

Quote by andrzejku98 View Post
    Hello Stefan,

Many thanks for your post regarding information on the recipient of the MCC Nr : 40833 when awarded His details were as follow's:

Surname: Pauliński

Christian Name : Piotr

Date of Birth : 1914

Army Number : (also found on His ID Tags) : 1914-177-III

Unit: 11 Baon Lacznosci (11th Signals Battalion).

Stefan unfortunately that's all that I could glean from the internet, he did not appear on the index of victims of soviet repression.

I hope that the above information is of some use and help to you.

Best wishes

Andrzej
    Thanks Andrzej

He ended up in America which is where he settled and died. I posted his collection HERE which included three US awarded medals.

Regards
    Stefan

Monte Cassino cross

Hello Stefan,

Just when you give up, you find something else, here is a little bit more information on Piotr Pauliński :

Born : 7th October 1914

Left the UK in 1952 arriving in New York aboard the "Liberte" on the 22nd January 1952 he was listed has a person who was "Stateless" by the American Authorities.

Piotr Died on the 17th January 1999 and was buried in "Our Lady of Czestochowa" Cemetery in Doylestown, Pennsylvania.

That's all that I was able to find for you Stefan.

Best wishes

Andrzej

Page 98 of 535 FirstFirst ... 48 88 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 108 148 198 ... LastLast