Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 99 of 535 FirstFirst ... 49 89 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 109 149 199 ... LastLast

Monte Cassino cross

Article about: I dont htink about this like a collection maybe it is naive but it is a part of my family and describe the brave men which hard to find these days.Some award documents.tedAttachment 356198At

Quote by andrzejku98 View Post
    Hello Stefan,

Just when you give up, you find something else, here is a little bit more information on Piotr Pauliński :

Born : 7th October 1914

Left the UK in 1952 arriving in New York aboard the "Liberte" on the 22nd January 1952 he was listed has a person who was "Stateless" by the American Authorities.

Piotr Died on the 17th January 1999 and was buried in "Our Lady of Czestochowa" Cemetery in Doylestown, Pennsylvania.

That's all that I was able to find for you Stefan.

Best wishes

Andrzej
    F*%@ me, amazing, thank you sir. Medal on it's way to you ;-)

did you ever reply to this Andrzejku?

the article is from 2009 - does anyone know if she is still alive?

?

Dear Andrzej,

Again, thank you for all the information you have provided me with. I apologise for my tardiness in thanking you. Too much to do and not enough time to do it!

Your second paragraph matches the information that I had been told verbally and it's good to see that there is some written confirmation of this. May I ask whether the Index of Victims of Soviet Repression is a document I can access and, if so, how?

You are correct and sadly my grandfather did die in Swindon in 1960 and although I didn't know him I have several photos of him and I knew my grandmother a little.

Unfortunately, my father's brother had any paperwork and when he died his daughter disposed of it, so unfortunately I have nothing else (unless I discover something later, I have not managed to get through all of the old paperwork yet).

I have documentation from the RAF and the Polish Historical Disclosure department of the Ministry of Defence for my father and I shall now enquire into my grandfather. Thank you for this recommendation.

With very kind regards and, once again, many thanks,
    Mary

Quote by andrzejku98 View Post
    Hello Mary,

Many thanks for your reply, I have checked the Register of Recipients of the Monte Cassino Cross, just in case in my haste I had misread your Grandfathers Date of Birth, but it is 1898.

Therefore with your update Mary I have also checked the Index of Victims of Soviet Repression which lists Piotr Kozlowski born in 1893 the son of January who was arrested by the NKVD in Wilejska in 1940. Unfortunately there was no further information.

The only other piece of information that I was able to glean from the internet was the death in the 4th Quarter of 1960 (Oct, Nov, Dec) of Piotr Kozłowski born in 1893 aged 67 died in Swindon, Wiltshire, Volume 7c page 642.

Mary do you by chance have any of your Grandfathers documentation from His service in the Polish 2nd Corps, either His AB64, ID Tags or Legitymacja (Authorisation) Cards for his 2nd Corps Badge or His Medal Wojsko (Army Medal) etc.

Otherwise the only way of obtaining your Grandfathers Service Record would be to obtain it from the British M-o-D (Ministry of Defence) who charge £30.00p and you would have to supply your Grandfathers and Grandmothers Death Certificates and if your Father is still alive His Birth Certificate.

Best wishes

Andrzej

Hello Mary,

many thanks for your post the website is here Indeks Represjonowanych | Wyszukiwanie

Only in Polish but it is basically Surname-Nazwisko (właściwe, rodowe, konspiracyjne), Christian Name-
    Imię (lub drugie imię) and year of birth-Rok urodzenia

Then press Szukaj (Search).

Over the years I have come across the same story of people who just throw away paperwork or burn it without realizing its importance, nearly 30 years ago I was speaking with one of the staff at the Pilsudski Institute in Hammersmith in London. Who told me that an English relative had cleared a Polish relatives house after death and had thrown away what they thought was just old paperwork. When one of his old comrades popped round to see the English relative they told them that they had thrown all his paper work away, but that they were welcome to search through the dustbin for anything they wanted.

Within the paperwork in the dustbin they found a document signed and with its original seal from King Jan III Sobieski (Victor of the Battle of Vienna in 1683), I was shown it and from that moment on I have always checked any paperwork that comes with any group that I have.

Mary it will take time to go through all the paperwork, please let us know how you go on.

With the very best wishes

Andrzej

p.s. Mary just click on the link

Lynsey Jackson
    ?

Hello I have copies of my grandads papers from Monte Cassino but I'm not really sure what they mean as the originals went missing a while back.

I have a number 20041 and his name Mieczyslaw Brojek and I'm trying to find out more about his his history for a family blog I am putting together, any information appreciated.https://afamilycalledbrojek.wordpress.com/

Lynsey

Hello Lynsey,

May I be the first to welcome you to the forum, I have searched for your Grandfather in the index of victims of soviet repression with no luck.

The number you quoted 20041, I can confirm is the Number of the Monte Cassino Cross awarded to your Grandfather when awarded his details were as follows:

Surname : BROJEK

Christian Name : Mieczysław

Date of Birth : 1921

Army Number : (also found on His ID Tags) : 1921-165-III

Unit : 4 Pulku Artylerii Lekkiej (4 Light Artillery Regiment, 5th Kresowa (Frontier) Infantry Division, 2 Polish Corps)

MCC : 20041

Your Grandfather would have also received the Medal Wojska (Army Medal) pictured below.

Monte Cassino cross

He would have also received the 1939-1945 Star, Italy Star, Defence Medal and Possibly the 1939-1945 War Medals from the British Government.

Monte Cassino cross

Your Grandfather would have also received the 2nd Corps Badge as shown below

Monte Cassino cross

The above are the basic items from service with the 2nd Corps along with these your Grandfather would have received Legitymacja (Authorization Cards for each as shown below Lynsey.

Monte Cassino cross

2nd Corps Badge Legit obv.

Monte Cassino cross

5th Kresowa Division Badge Legit obv.

Monte Cassino cross

Monte Cassino Cross Legit obv.

Unfortunately Lynsey I do not have a British Awards Legit for 4PAL, 5KDP, that I could post here perhaps one of the other members has one that they can post, just to help you to identify what you are looking at.

I sincerely hope that the above information is of some use and help to you Lynsey, oncve again Welcome to the Forum.

Best wishes

Andrzej

Lynsey Jackson
    ?

Thanks Andrzej, that's really helpful as I have never seen the medals before, only the pictures of the authorisation cards.

I'm hoping to add more information to my blog and I hope it is OK to use pictures of the medals? I will happily reference you/ this forum as appropriate.

It's also really nice to read other people's posts and think that some of these soldiers mentioned may have fought with my grandad.

Great work.

Lynsey

Hello Lynsey,

Your Grandfather would have also been issued with the following documentation :

Monte Cassino cross

The Polish Army Discharge Certificate individually Numbered.

Monte Cassino cross

Discharge from the Polish Resettlement Corps Certificate, your Grandfathers Certificate would have had the number : 30049222 on it.
    If there is anything else that we can help you out with Lynsey, just let us know.

Best wishes

Andrzej

Hi. Does somebody know who was the owner of cross numbered 48013?
    Thanks
    Weronika

Page 99 of 535 FirstFirst ... 49 89 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 109 149 199 ... LastLast