Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 104 of 536 FirstFirst ... 4 54 94 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 114 154 204 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 5360

Monte Cassino cross

Article about: I dont htink about this like a collection maybe it is naive but it is a part of my family and describe the brave men which hard to find these days.Some award documents.tedAttachment 356198At

vesp82
    ?

Hello can anyone help me with id of Monte Cassino cross nr 16788 who belongs to thank you.

Hello vesp82,

May I be the first to welcome you to the Forum, the recipient of the Monte Cassino Cross Numbered : 16788 at the time of the award the recipients details were as follows :

Surname: SZARLOWSKI

Christian Name : BRONISLAW

Date of Birth : 1906

Fathers Name : ADAM

Army Number : (also found on His ID Tags) : 1906-260-III

Unit : 14 Baon Strzelcow (14th Rifle Battalion, 5KDP)

Bronislaw was either a Pre War Regular or Reservist captured by the Russians in KOSTIN on the 24th September 1939, he was then listed has being in a camp at Siewzelderlag and joined the Ander's Army at Tatiszczewo on the 3rd September 1941.

That is all the information that I was able to find for you vesp82.

I sincerely hope that it is of some use and help to you.

Best wishes

Andrzej

?

Default Please help

Monte Cassino cross

?

Please can you tell me what medals my grandfather received?
    The M.O.D told me he was entitled to the polish medal wojska and kryzyz walecznych but they're outside the British authorities. When these two medals were awarded did they have a certain number on for a certain soldier (like the Monté cassino cross)? I want to purchase them but before I do I want to know a bit more about them and be sure on what medals he was awarded! I hope someone can help?

Kind regards,
    Tess

?

Sorry for the late reply andrzej , I have now applied and I am just waiting on their reply! I had to supply quite a lot of evidence of my relation and consent, birth, death and marriage certificates,and it all took a bit longer than I expected but fingers crossed it gets approved and its on its way.

I'll keep you posted.

Kind regards,
    Tess

?

Monte Cassino cross

Hi, I have been searching through my grandfathers army stuff and was wondering if this was an army medal certificate? Where it says at the top 456 would that be his specific army medal number? Also can anyone tell me a bit about this medal (if it is a medal certificate!)
    Kind regards,
    Tess

the certificate is notification of the award of the British 1939/45 Star and Italy Star to a soldier who served in the 8 Heavy Anti-Aircraft Regiment. these notifications came in various guises. 456 refers to the certificate number and not to any specific medal. hopefully I won't be corrected on this statement.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Monte Cassino cross  

Hi Andrzej,

Could you help me to find any information regarding Valenty RZANY (or Valentin RZANIJ)? He served in 2 PK.
    Thanks.

Br,
    Artem

Hello Artem,

Many thanks for your post, details are as follows:

Surname : RZMNY

Christian Name : WALENTY

Date of Birth : 1899

Army Number : (also found on His ID Tags) : 1899-4-III

Unit : 24th Transport Company.

Best wishes

Andrzej

Hello Tessa,

Many thanks for your post, interesting is the fact that your Grandfather although it states on his service record he was awarded the British 1939-1945 War Medal and Defence Medal along with the 1939-1945 Star and Italy Star, he was only issued with 2 Stars and 1 Medal.

Unfortunately the only WW2 Polish Awards Numbered where the Virtuti Militari and the Monte Cassino Cross, awards like the Cross of Valour where not numbered unlike those awarded after Poland regained her independence. The Army Medal was not numbered only the Legitimacja was numbered.

I hope that this clarifies things for you, if not then just drop me a post, apologies for not replying sooner I have just got back after 15 days without any internet connection.

Best wishes

Andrzej