Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 106 of 535 FirstFirst ... 6 56 96 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 116 156 206 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 5346

Monte Cassino cross

Article about: I dont htink about this like a collection maybe it is naive but it is a part of my family and describe the brave men which hard to find these days.Some award documents.tedAttachment 356198At

Hi Karl,

Thanks for your post. It’s great to have you aboard. We all look forward to seeing your granddad's items and learning more about him. And if you are in contact with him please also send him our best wishes.

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Hello Karl,

May I also welcome you to the forum and I too look forward to you sharing photographs of your Grandfather Kapral.pvhor. Zbigniew Jackowski 1925-50-III, MCC 20892 5PAL. (At the time of his award of the MCC).

The son of Major Stanislaw Jackowski VM 3380 and KW (Cross of Valour) 10PSK (10th Mounted Rifles) born 4th December 1881, 1923 Rocznik Oficerski list him as 41st in seniority promoted to Major 1st June 1919 and in 1924 he was listed as 28th in seniority.

I hope that you do not mind me posting a photograph of Major Stanislaw Jackowski below (photo obtained from the internet).

Monte Cassino cross

Karl would I also be correct in thinking that your Grandfather published his Life story and Family History in " A Journey through Foreign Lands".

Best wishes

Andrzej

?

Hi Tony and Andrzej, yes that's my great grandfather and that's the book. There are quite a few pictures uploaded to Karta which came about as a result of my uncles research into the family for grandads book. I have been working long hours but will catch up soon,
    Regards Karl

Hello Everyone,

A few more faces of recipients of the Monte Cassino Cross, that I thought you might like to see.

Monte Cassino cross

Porucznik (Lieutenant) Borys Dabkowski MCC 1263 (Wartime photograph)

Monte Cassino cross

Borys Dabkowski MCC 1263 1994 photograph

Monte Cassino cross

Plutowny (Lance Sergeant) Jozef Adaszkiewicz MCC 43497

Monte Cassino cross

Plutowny (Lance Sergeant) Andrzej Romanczyk MCC 48157

Monte Cassino cross

Unknown Kapral (Corporal) what a moustache

That's all for now.

Best wishes

Andrzej

Hello Everyone,

Whilst looking through ebay I noticed a group of Paperwork to a Monte Cassino Cross Recipient, only one problem can you spot it ?

Monte Cassino cross

Monte Cassino cross

Monte Cassino cross

If you are still puzzled then I will answer the question for you. Kanonier Dobrislaw Maciej Hajn was awarded the MCC Numbered : 5135 whilst serving as a Kanonier in 2KPAL, later promoted to Bombadier.

The MCC Legitymacja Numbered 44505 was awarded to His Father Franciszek Hajn a Sierzant serving in the 23rd Transport Company, born in 1893.

So the face of the Recipient of the Monte Cassino Cross Numbered 5135 is

Monte Cassino cross

Kanonier Dobrislaw Maciej Hajn MCC 5135

Remember be oin your guard when groups of paperwork appear they just might not be what they purport to be.

Best wishes

Andrzej
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Monte Cassino cross  

?

Dear Andrzejku,

Thank you for the help that you have been so quick to give me. I hope these items are of interest to you and can reconfirm what information you have provided me.

Best wishes,

?

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Monte Cassino cross   Monte Cassino cross  

Hello Joe,

May I be the first to officially welcome you to the Forum, your first post shows your Grandfathers Legitymacja and Badge for 5KDP (5th Kresowa Infantry Division) along with his Cap Badge field made in the Middle East.

Your 2nd Post shows details of your Grandfathers 5KDP Legitymacja and a period photograph showing him with the rank of Bombadier (Lance Corporal) Artillery.

Once again Joe Welcome to the Forum

Best wishes

Andrzej

?

Monte Cassino cross
    And the jacket still fits

?

Monte Cassino cross