Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 111 of 537 FirstFirst ... 11 61 101 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 121 161 211 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 5361

Monte Cassino cross

Article about: I dont htink about this like a collection maybe it is naive but it is a part of my family and describe the brave men which hard to find these days.Some award documents.tedAttachment 356198At

Someone has got a good bargain. Pity decided to split the group.

Dear all,

One of my friends found a breast badge of 2nd Polish Corps (pictures attached) and trying to sell it for 100 USD.
    I need your help just for understanding is it real one or replica. As you see it has a number. I'm wondering if such badges were numbered or not? Who was awarded by this badge? And how much does it cost? I guess 100 USD is too much.
    Thank you in advance.

Br,
    Artem
    Monte Cassino cross
    Monte Cassino cross

Hello Artem,

The 2nd Corps badge looks to be alright with original retaining nut, unfortunately with out the Legitymacja (award document) there is no register of recipients over 110,000 were awarded.

Best wishes

Andrzej

Hello Artem,

With regards to your request for information on KLEWJADO ISIDOR (born in 1897)?, I have searched through the MCC recipients list for Izydor and only found 8 with none close to the above.

Best wishes

Andrzej

Quote by andrzejku98 View Post
    Hello Artem,

With regards to your request for information on KLEWJADO ISIDOR (born in 1897)?, I have searched through the MCC recipients list for Izydor and only found 8 with none close to the above.

Best wishes

Andrzej
    Thank you Andrzej. So if he is not awarded with the MCC that mean he is not served in 2nd Polish corps, right?

Quote by andrzejku98 View Post
    Hello Artem,

The 2nd Corps badge looks to be alright with original retaining nut, unfortunately with out the Legitymacja (award document) there is no register of recipients over 110,000 were awarded.

Best wishes

Andrzej
    So you mean that every soldier in 2nd corps was awarded with this badge?

Hello Artem,

With regards to your last 2 posts there where approximately 48,821 MCC awarded for the Battle of Monte Cassino, but by the end of hostilities the 2nd Corps Numbered over 110,000 personnel.

Your soldier Izydor Klewjado could have joined after the battle for Monte Cassino, too ill to join 2nd Corps after Russian treatment in the gulags or he could have been a pole forcibly conscripted into the german army. Or even joined the 2nd Corps after the end of the war from POW Camps etc.

I hope that the above answers your questions.

Best wishes

Andrzej

I stated that I could only find 8 Izydor's , they are as follows:

1) Kapral Izydor KATZ

2) Plutowny Izydor KIRKLO

3) Szer. Izydor KONDRACIUK

4) Plutowny Izydor KOPICZWO

5) Kanonier Izydor KOTARA

6) Bombadier Izydor KOZYNKO

7) Saper Izydor KRYNICKI

8) Strzelec Izydor KUKIEL

Best wishes

Andrzej

Andrzej, thank you so much for your reply. I guess you are right - Izydor Klewjado joined 2nd corps after the Battle.

Hello Everyone,

Up for sale on the Polish Auction site Allegro today is the Monte Cassino Cross Group Numbered 24729 awarded to St.Strz. (Lance Corporal) later Kapral (Corporal) Antoni Krys. Well whats new with that, I hear you say well it is the asking price of 12,500 Polish Zloty, which translates into $3,172 USD or 4,173 CAD or £2,587 GBP.

I have added photographs below for all to see.

Monte Cassino cross

Monte Cassino cross

Monte Cassino cross

Monte Cassino cross

Monte Cassino cross

Monte Cassino cross

Monte Cassino cross

Monte Cassino cross

Best wishes

Andrzej

p.s. click to enlarge any of the photographs in a new page.

p.s. click on the link for the website Unikatowe pamiatki zolnierza 5 Kresowej-2 Korpusu. (6569785388) - Allegro.pl - Wi

What a fantastic group!!