Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 122 of 537 FirstFirst ... 22 72 112 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 132 172 222 ... LastLast
Results 1,211 to 1,220 of 5363

Monte Cassino cross

Article about: I dont htink about this like a collection maybe it is naive but it is a part of my family and describe the brave men which hard to find these days.Some award documents.tedAttachment 356198At

Thank you Andrzejku. I hope that will be all for a while.
    Best regards,

Quote by andrzejku98 View Post
    Hello Bernard,

Many thanks for your post and may I be the first to welcome you to the Forum, I have been searching for you and have found the following information on the Recipient of the Monte Cassino Cross Numbered : 17807 when awarded the recipients details were as follows:

Surname : MILATA

Christian Name : ALOJZY

Fathers Name : ALOJZY

Date of Birth : 1916

Army Number : (also found on His ID tags) : 1916-145-III

Unit : 16 Baon Strzelec (16th Rifle Battalion, 5 K.D.P. (5th Kresowa Infantry Division)

In searching for Alojzy I found that he was captured by the Russians on the 19th September 1939 in Sarnki Górne, he joined the Anders Army at Tockoje on the 2nd September 1941 after his release from the gulags.

Records show that he was either a Regular or Reservist in September 1939, confirmation can be obtained from the Army records Centre at Rembertow near Warsaw.

Attachment 1054985

I have also been able to find for you a photograph of Podporucznik Alojzy Milata. (click on the photograph to enlarge it in a new page).

I also have copies of the yearly report from the 5KDP Association in London which also lists those former soldiers who had died during the year. With you saying Bernard that you had, had this cross for some years, I only have the 5KDP Pamplets from 1997-2009, but I thought that I would check them anyway for you. In the 2002 Issue Nr 59 on page 58 the death was listed of Major Alojzy Milata who had died that year in Italy.

I hope that the above information is of some use and help to you Bernard.

Best wishes

Andrzej

p.s. My Bill is in the Post, prompt payment appreciated.

Hello,
    Thank you very much for this information.
    I can not find the bill.
    Best regards
    Bernard

Hello Bernard,

It is no problem a joke on my part, I was happy to help a fellow collector, perhaps you might post photographs of Alojzy Milata Monte Cassino Cross and any other items you might have.

Once again welcome to the Forum

Best wishes

Andrzej

?

Hello Andrzejku!!! Is it possible to determine the number of crosses to MATAN ADOLF and POŹNIAK ANTONI.From the information it is known that Matan come back to the Poland,about 1950.He was awarded the cross Virtuti Militari.Pożniak he went to Australia,where he lived and died.Some photos of Matan.On the back of the photo description and stamp:certefited true photo of imię i nazwisko.for O.C.21 Pol Subgroup.M.Lalko major.PACT:Polish Army Treining Center???Who was major Lalko and was awarded the MCC?What does the abbreviation O.C.21???
    Photos of Matanortraids.Three pieces:Souvenir:1942 X 2:Adlatan on Mount Tabor.Souvenir, 18 October 1943 at the Church of the Dormition of the Mother of God- (Jerusalem), the home of St. Mark on the other hand.Souvenir, 2 X 1942.To the city Gebryjada sea Tyberjew Galilee. (As for Nazareth on the lake of Galilee).Thank you very much.
    Best regards.
    Artur
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Monte Cassino cross   Monte Cassino cross  

Monte Cassino cross   Monte Cassino cross  

Hello Artur,

Many thanks for your post, I have gone through the Recipients List for the Monte Cassino Cross and unfortunately I could not find either Adolf MATAN or Antoni POŹNIAK listed.

The photograph of Adoilf Matan only shows the award of the Medal Wojsko and then the British 1939-1945 Star, Italy Star and the 1939-1945 War Medal.

I have also looked through both Professor Wesolowski and Dr Andrzej Suchcitz books on the Recipients of the Virtuti Militari and was only able to find the following listed as recipients of the Virtuti Militari

1) Plut.sp. Stanisław POŹNIAK VM Nr: 3573

2) Pulkownik Wiktor POŹNIAK VM Nr: 1808

With regards to the letters O.C. on the reverse of the photograph of Adolf Matan this is an abbreviation for Officer Commanding, I will look onto who was Major Lalko and post it later.

Apologies for not being able to help you further with this Artur.

Best wishes

Andrzej

Hello Artur,

With regards to Major Lalko, I have been able to find the following information for you

Date of Birth : 19th May 1892

Date of Death : 17th February 1979

Rank : Podpulkownik (promoted from Major to Podpulkownik by President August Zaleski in 1969).

In 1923 using the Rocznik Oficerski 1923 Index Page 1694 Mikołaj Lalko was listed on pages : 81, 191, 435.

He was at that time a Porucznik serving in the 23 Pulk Piechoty attached to the 2nd Corps Headquarters in Lublin under the command of General Jan Romer working in the Artillery and Armament Department. He was promoted to Porucznik on the 1st June 1919 and was 1421 in seniority.

By 1932 Porucznik Mikołaj Lalko using the Rocznik Oficerski 1932 index page 969 Lalko Mikołaj is listed on Pages 300, 444. By that date he was a Kapitan KZ sr. working in the Armament Department of the Ministry of Military Affairs.

During the war he was made Commandant of a training school in the Middle East for the newly established 2nd Corps.

Unfortunately Artur he was not at Monte Cssino, I have not been able to find anything further on him for you.

Best wishes

Andrzej

Quote by andrzejku98 View Post
    Hello Artem,

Many thanks for posting the photograph of Alfons Zukowski, who served in the Podhale Brigade and was a Narvik Veteran (he is wearing the Lanyard and Badge) as well as the 1st Rifle Brigade badge.

I will look through my 1st Armoured Division Books to see if he is mentioned.

Best wishes

Andrzej
    Hello Andrzej,

Thanks a lot for this info!

Br,
    Artem

Dear Andrzej,

Could you also help me to find any info regarding KONDRATOWICH ALEKSANDER ?

Thank you in advance!

Br,
    Artem

?

Andrzejku thank you very much for information!!! I found the yearbook officer in 1932.Two photo of rifle MATAN .1.Portrait 1942/43.2.Soldiers the back of the photo description:Iraq Kanakim,2 April 1943.Nameslut.Ba(e)doski,strz.Matan,kpr.Kłosk,kpr.Łopacz(dz) ki,plut.Piu(ó)rko,strz.Miroski Jezimir.Thank you again and wish you good health.Dziękuję bardzo!!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Monte Cassino cross   Monte Cassino cross  

Hello Artem,

Many thanks for your post, I have looked through the recipients of the Monte Cassino Cross for Aleksander Kondratowich, unfortunately I could not find anyone listed with that spelling.

But I did find the following Strzelec Aleksander Kondratowicz, Son of Piotr born 1908, Army Number: 1908-49-III, Unit 9 Kompania Łączności (9th Signals Company), awarded the Monte Cassino Cross Numbered : 31073.

He was either a pre war Regular or Reservist arrested on the 19th September 1939 in Wolkowysk and joined the Anders Army at Tatiszczewo on the 3rd September 1941.

That is all that I have been able to find for you Artem.

Best wishes

Andrzej