Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 133 of 536 FirstFirst ... 33 83 123 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 143 183 233 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,330 of 5356

Monte Cassino cross

Article about: I dont htink about this like a collection maybe it is naive but it is a part of my family and describe the brave men which hard to find these days.Some award documents.tedAttachment 356198At

?

Andrzejku,

I was wondering if you could please help me - my grandfather Antoni Połosak was in 3DSK at Monte Cassino and I think he was born in 1923. I was hoping you might have information on him?

Anything will be greatly appreciated.

Hello Rpol,

May I be the first to welcome you to the War Relcis Forum, with regards to your Grandfather Antoni POŁOSAK he did fight in the Italian Campaign and did take part in the fighting for Monte Cassino in May 1944.

When awarded the Monte Cassino Cross his details were as follows:

Surname : POŁOSAK

Christian Name : Antoni

Date of Birth : 1923

Army Number : (also found on His ID Tags) : 1923-103-III

Unit : 12PULP (12 Pułk Ułanów Podolskich/ 12 Podolski Lancers Regiment)

Awarded the Monte Cassino Cross Numbered : 9916

By the end of the war he was still a Kapral serving in the 12PULP.

I did during my research come across another POŁOSAK also serving in the 12PULP, did he have a Brother, his details are as follows:

Surname : POŁOSAK

Christian Name : Tadeusz

Date of Birth : 1925

Army Number : 1925-33-III

Monte Cassino Cross Numbered : 9933

Unit : 12PULP

Tadeusz ended the war as a Starszy Ułan (Lance Corporal) serving in the 7PUL (7 Pułk Ułanów Lubelskich im. gen. Kazimierza Sosnkowskiego/ 7th Lubelski Lancers Regiment) He had also been awarded the Krzyż Walecznych (Cross of Valour).

I have also searched through the index of victims of soviet repression, but with no luck, the only interesting thing that I found was on the website Find My Past which had both of the POŁOSAK's marrying in the UK.

1) Antoni POŁOSAK married in Huddersfield in 1949

2) Tadeusz POŁOSAK married in Huddersfield in 1953.

If they are not Brothers or Cousins then it seems to be to much of a coincidence that they would marry in the same Town.

Apart from that I could not find any further information, but I will look through some files to see what further if any information I can find for you Rpol.

Would I also be correct in thinking that they emigrated to Australia ?

Best wishes

Andrzej

p.s. Once again welcome to the Forum

?

Andrzej, thank you so much for getting back to me and for welcoming me to the forum. And yep I am posting from Australia.

Sadly my grandfather passed before I was born. What I know from loosely from my dad is that Antoni was captured by the Soviets, freed, then joined Anders Army and fought in Monte Cassino (forgive me if I have described it incorrectly) - after the war he settled in the UK, and then after having my father and his siblings they emigrated to Sydney in the early 60's.

I have not had much luck looking for information about Antoni online, I really appreciate what you found for me. I will have to ask my dad more about his uncle as well!

Thank you,
    Rob

Hello Rob,

You are most welcome, I have also looked through the list of Families in Russia with relatives in the Polish Armed Forces, but with no luck in findind your Grandfather listed, also the files containing a list of Families evacuated from Russia in 1942 unfortunately they have the list's from A-M, but the N-Z is missing or was never published.

I will keep looking for you Rob and let you know if I find anything else.

Rob you do know that you can apply for your Grandfathers service records held by the British Ministry of Defence, they unfortunately do charge for this service and do require photocopies of documents to prove your Kinship.

I have put the link to their website for you to view Rob, if you do go down this route be sure to ask for all records that they hold both Polish and English, otherwise you will just receive a page or 2 page letter detailing his service.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/request-...vice-personnel

Best wishes

Andrzej

?

Hello,Rob
    I have a question.You met the surname POZNIAK.Polish spelling POŻNIAK name Antoni, emigrated to Australia.Soldier Polish Corps in the west for every information I will be extremely grateful.

Hello Artur,

Re your post regarding MCC Numbered : 23583, 23585, 48767

MCC Numbered : 23583 was awarded to Ppor. Henryk Siuksza, 1918-66-III, 15PULP

MCC Numbered : 23585 was awarded to Por. Ludwik Duda, 1916-114-III, 15PULP

MCC Numbered : 48767 was awarded tp Ppor Jan Guzek, 1907-157-III, Szef Sluzby Zdrowia 2 Korpusu Dom Ozdrowiencow (2 Baon)

I hope that this answers your questions

Best wishes

Andrzej

?

Hello,
    I upload a photos from my collection:cpl.ZIMNY Franciszekmiddle)-MCC number 36526:Unit: 7 paplotlek.Army Number:1904-87-III.description:In the middle Franciszek Zimny.17 Infantry Regiment in Russia.Iraq reorganization of the 7th Light Anti Aircraft Regiment, Gunned down 1, Squadron 3 Battery 8.Photo of a woman in Polish uniform with Zimny souvenirs:Palestyna 11th March 1943.
    Still about:1 PUKrech:Family or brothers:
    1.st.ułan FLAK Michał:MCC number:29822,born 1919,regiment badge nr 601.
    2.ułan FLAK Tadeusz:MCC number:29823,born 1919,regiment badge nr 790.
    Andrzejku!!!Thank YOU so much.
    Best regards.Artur
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Monte Cassino cross   Monte Cassino cross  

Monte Cassino cross   Monte Cassino cross  

?

Thank you Andrzej, I will make some enquiries, thank you again so much for your help.

Artur, I am sorry but I do not know of a Pozniak. I wish I could be of some help but I can't.

Hello Artur,

Many thanks for your Post regarding the Flak's Tadeusz and Michał, I have looked through the Index of victims of soviet repression and found the following for the Flak Family :

1) Tadeusz Born 1919, Father Marcin, Tadeusz was deported in 1940 from Lwowska, arrived in Archangel on the 1st March 1940 and was freed 10th September 1941.

2) Jakub Born 1911, Father Marcin, Jakub was deported in 1940 from Lwowska, arrived in Archangel on the 1st March 1940 and was freed 10th September 1941.

3) Zofia Born 1908, Father Marcin, Zofia was deported in 1940 from Lwowska, arrived in Archangel on the 1st March 1940 and was freed 10th September 1941.

Unfortunately no record for Michał Flak.

Unfortunately I can not help you further in this matter Artur

Best wishes

Andrzej

?

Hello,Everyone,
    śp wachm.ANDRZEJEWSKI Aleksander 1 PUKrechowieckich armored cavalrymen:
    Surname : ANDRZEJEWSKI
    Christian Name : Aleksander
    Date of Birth : 12 VIII 1913
    Place of birth:Zasław;Russia
    Unit : 1PUKrech
    Awarded the Monte Cassino Cross Numbered :29724
    Regiment badge:legitymacja no:918
    Wound star:x1,others:VM,KWx1
    Has died under Gaiana,Italy 19 IV 1945.Buried:Bologna Italy,CP-Cementary Polish grave 14-A-4.Exhumed.
    Thank YOU Andrzejku so much for information about FLAK Tadeusz
    Best wishes
    Artur
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Monte Cassino cross