Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 147 of 537 FirstFirst ... 47 97 137 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 157 197 247 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,470 of 5361

Monte Cassino cross

Article about: I dont htink about this like a collection maybe it is naive but it is a part of my family and describe the brave men which hard to find these days.Some award documents.tedAttachment 356198At

Hello Artur.

With regards to Mieczysław Chwatko, I have found the following from the Register, when awarded the Monte Cassino Cross his details were as follows:

Surname : Chwatko

Christian Name : Mieczysław

Date of Birth : 1912

Fathers Name : Piotr

Army Number : (also found on His ID tags): 1912-115-III

Unit : 9PAC (9 Pułk Artylerii Lekkiej) (9th Light Artillery Regiment, 2nd Group Artillery)

Fought in the September 1939 Campaign captured by the soviets on the 18th September 1939 and joined the Anders Army at Tockoje on the 2nd September 1941.

I hope that the above answers all your questions Artur

Best wishes

Andrzej

?

Hello
    CHWATKO Mieczysław MCC nr 33198:9 pac:9 Pułk Artylerii Ciężkiej,9th Medium Artillery Regiment.Maybe the family will give me some photos ...
    Thank You,again.
    Best wishes
    Artur

Hutch
    ?

Hello,

15 years ago my dad was given a set of medals that at one point belonged to a recipient of the MCC. I have been trying for years to figure out who they the medals originally belonged to, and it appears that this site may be able to get me the answers I am looking for.

The set includes the Army Medal 1939-45, MCC, 1939-45 Star, Italy Star, British defense medal, and British war medal 1939-45.

The MCC has the numbers 25088 on the back

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Hello Hutch,

May I be the first to welcome you to the Forum and thank you for your post, yes I can answer your 15 year quest to find the details of the recipient of the Monte Cassino Cross numbered : 25088 , when awarded his details were as follows :

Surname : Wroński

Christian Name : Tadeusz

Fathers Name : Wojciech

Date of Birth : 1922

Army Number : (also found on His ID Tags) : 1922-120-III

Unit : 5 Kresowy Batalion Ciezkich Karabinow Maszynowych (5th Kresowa Heavy Machine Gun Battalion)

Monte Cassino cross

Breast Pocket Badge of the 5BCKM

Monte Cassino cross

Breast Pocket Badge of the 5KDP.

Hutch that is all the information that I was able to find on his wartime career, you stated that your Father was given them 15 years ago, now that would tie in nicely with the only Tadeusz Wroński that I could find on Ancestry he died in 2002 in Sheffield, he was married to Mary nee Hobson in 1953 in Sheffield.

I do have some more information, but I am reluctant to post it if this is the wrong person.

Once again Hutch welcome to the Forum

Best wishes

Andrzej

p.s. It would also be nice for the other members interested in the Monte Cassino Cross to view the group both obverse and reverse, if you could post any photographs that you have.

?

Hello
    DEAR Andrzejku
    Could you please give me any information on the recipient of the Monte Cassino Cross number 22952.
    First letter of the name H-J:5 kresowy pułk artylerii przeciwlotniczej lekkiej/5 Light Anti-Aircraft Regiment,5 Kresowa Dywizja Piechoty.
    Thank YOU.
    Artur
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Monte Cassino cross   Monte Cassino cross  

bjs53
    ?

Default Help me please

Hello
    Dear Andrzej
    Could you please give me any information on the recipient of the Monte Cassino Cross number 16024.
    As I know it should be my uncle Michal Swietlicki who was in 13 Vilno Baon.
    I would appreciate any further details - father name (to be sure I am not wrong), any other information on his duty if there are any.
    Thanks a lot
    Boguslaw

Hello Bogusław,

May I be the first to welcome you to the Forum, I will do my best when awarded the Monte Cassino Cross Numbered 16024 the recipients details were as follows:

Surname : Świetlicki

Chritian Name : Michał

Date of Birth : 1905

Army Number : (also found on His ID Tags) : 1905-143-III

Unit : 13 Baon Strzelec (13th Rifle Battalion, 5KDP)
    Józef
    The index of victims of soviet repression list him has being deported in 1940 and his Fathers Name has being Józef, there is a Józef listed who was born in 1867 his Fathers Name was Łukasz and his Mothers Name was Józefa This Józef was deported from Tarnopolskie in February 1940 and died in Irkucka on the 21st April 1941.

That is dependent on Józef being the right person.

The only way of confirming that the above information is correct, would be to obtain full copies of Michał's service record from the British Ministry of Defence, unfortunately they do charge now for this service and you would need to relationship to Michał as well.

Once again Welcome to the Forum Bogusław

Best wishes

Andrzej

p.s. my bill is in the post

Hello Artur,

With regards to your request for information on the recipient of the Monte Cassino Cross Numbered : 22952, when awarded the recipients details were as follows:

Surname : JUCHIMIUK

Christian Name : Aleksander

Date of Birth : 1900

Army Number : 1900-76-III

Unit : 5 Pulku Art. P-Lotn. (5th Anti Aircraft Artillery Regiment)

I sincerely hope that this answers all your questions

Andrzej

?

Hello
    DEAR Andrzejku,Thank You again.
    Some decorations from my drawer. They are remnants of the deposit mjr.ŁOKAJ Bronisław.Awarded
    MCC number 19275.2 Company 18 Baon Rifles: 3 times wounded, awarded VM class V,KWx3: I have a request if you can write something more about por./mjr / ŁOKAJ Bronisław and about soldier awarded the MCC number 40213.From what I know they stayed in emigration and did not return to Poland.
    Thank You/DZIĘKUJĘ
    Best wishes
    Artur
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Monte Cassino cross   Monte Cassino cross  

Monte Cassino cross  
    Last edited by Wisnia; 07-14-2017 at 09:32 PM.

?

Hello
    Everyone
    Thanks to the courtesy of Mr Lech ŁOKAJA from Lublin I put some photos:
    -group of medals mjr ŁOKAJ Bronisław,
    -foto from the decoration of the VM's cross by the Commander-in-Chief gen.broni SOSKOWSKIEGO,
    -books,
    -first edition of text red poppies ...
    -MCC:note:,,It is one of the first Crosses of Monte Cassino - made by our soldiers before the approval. Before Anders got No. 1. They were without ribbons."
    Best wishes
    Artur

Monte Cassino cross   Monte Cassino cross