Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 162 of 537 FirstFirst ... 62 112 152 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 172 212 262 ... LastLast
Results 1,611 to 1,620 of 5361

Monte Cassino cross

Article about: I dont htink about this like a collection maybe it is naive but it is a part of my family and describe the brave men which hard to find these days.Some award documents.tedAttachment 356198At

?

ok thanks, so sure karpathian, well i bought the great piece i am happy

Cross 12638 was already mentioned in ths thread: post # 142 & #143

Quote by mittra View Post
    ok thanks, so sure karpathian, well i bought the great piece i am happy
    So in light of Andrzej's reply you bought this cross without reading the seller's description?

Also, mittra, may I ask that you slow down and put a little more effort into proper capitalization, punctuation and grammar. I am sure that I am not alone in saying that it's often a struggle to decipher and understand your comments. I recognize that English may not be your first language, but that does not excuse what is clearly just laziness on your part.

By the way, congratulation on your new acquisition.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Hello Mittra,

Once you have the Monte Cassino Cross if you post pictures of it, I will gladly post the information I have on his life in England after the war and his death.

Best wishes

Andrzej

?

thanks to everyone for the help!
    I can write better, my english
    when the cross comes, I will take new photos

Hello Everyone,

Another face of a recipient of the Monte Cassino Cross

Monte Cassino cross

Kapral pchr. Kazimierz Ziajka, 4BSK, MCC Nr: 14579

Best wishes

Andrzej

?

Hello
    DEAR Andrzejku
    Could you supplement the numbers MCCrosses of soldiersAnother face of a recipient of the Monte Cassino Cross ) from the posts:#1527,#1528 & 1529.
    Kapral pchr. Kazimierz Ziajka,army number 1922-35-III,later ppor+KWx1,he returned to Poland.
    Best wishes
    Artur

Hello Andrzej, I have just recently inherited World War 2 medals of my grandfathers. One of them - Jòzef Nuckowski, DOB March 29, 1892 was with the Polish II Corps (Military Police). I have identified seven of his medals but I could not find his Monte Cassino Cross. Would you be able to identify the serial number?

His other medals were
    1. Polish Cross of Merit with Swords
    2. Polish Army Medal for War 1939-45
    3. Italian War Merit Cross- Croce al Merito di Guerra
    4. British 1939-45 War Medal
    5. British Defence Medal
    6. British 1939-45 Star
    7. British Italy Star

Thank you for your tremendous help and assistance!
    Michał

Hello Michal,

May I be the first to welcome you to the Forum, with regards to your Grandfather Jòzef Nuckowski unfortunately I did not find him listed in the Register of Recipients of the Monte Cassino Cross the only Nuckowski's listed were Kazimierz & Stanisław.

The only information I was able to find was his name and details on the index of victims of soviet repression deported in 1941, his father's name was Jan.

Michał do you have any Legitymacja's to go with your Grandfather's Medals.

The only other thing you could do would be to apply to the British Ministry of Defence and ask for copies of all records that they hold on your Grandfather be aware that they do charge for this service.

Apologies for not being able to provide you with any information Michał.

Once again welcome to the Forum

Best wishes

Andrzej

Hello again!

Many thanks for a very quick reply. I will definitely need to check with the British Ministry of Defense to learn more about my grandfather. Indeed, my grandfather (son of Jan) was arrested by the Soviets in Lwów and deported to Vorkuta. The rest of the family was shipped one day later to northern Kazakhstan.

One more question if I may please. My uncle, Bolesław Karasiński was also with the 2nd Corps at Monte Cassino. Would you possibly have any reference to Bolesław Karasiński born approximately in 1920 in Lwów or vicinity?

Thank you again!
    Michał