Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 173 of 537 FirstFirst ... 73 123 163 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 183 223 273 ... LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,730 of 5361

Monte Cassino cross

Article about: I dont htink about this like a collection maybe it is naive but it is a part of my family and describe the brave men which hard to find these days.Some award documents.tedAttachment 356198At

Hello Kuhlmom,

May I be the first to welcome you to the Forum, your Uncle was a Lance Corporal awarded the KW (Cross of Valour), but unfortunately he was not awarded the Monte Cassino Cross there are only 2 SMAGAŁA listed has having received the Cross Jan born in 1919 and Stanisław born in 1925.

Apologies for not being able to assist you or your cousin further, it would be worthwhile your cousin contacting the British Ministry of Defence to obtain a copy of all records that they hold on your Uncle. The Polish 2nd Corps was under the command of the 8th Army whilst in Italy.

The British Ministry of Defence charge £30.00p payable up front for this service but be sure to ask for all copies of records that they hold on him otherwise you will receive either a 1 or 2 page typed summary of service from them.

https://www.gov.uk/government/collec...ervice-records

click on the link above to the website of the Ministry of Defence.

Best wishes

Andrzej

TMZ
    ?

Quote by kuhlmom View Post
    Good Afternoon - I'm helping my cousin learn about her father and his obituary mentions that he served in the 3d Carpathian Rifle Division (Polish 2d Corps) at Monte Cassino. His name was Tadeusz Smagała, born 23 June 1926 in Poland. His family was from Trzciana, Świlcza, Rzeszów, Podkarpackie, but I cannot verify his birth there using records on Geneteka. He was captured. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!
    Army records show his birth year as 1924 so that may be a reason for not finding the right records. Do you know any circumstances about his capture/release, dates etc? Did he serve in the Polish Army before 1939? The MOD records should throw more light on this.

Andrzej, there is a auction at DNW, and they have three MC Crosses for sale.
    Numbers : 7915, 26326, 28891. Could you please identify these. Thank You.

Monte Cassino cross

Here is a picture of the auction. KW in the middle is most interesting.

?

Hello Everyone,
    because the post # 1723 is addressed to DEAR Andrzejku,
    and You sure are curious who was awarded those crosses?:
    MCC 7915:first letter surname:L,unit:2 komp sanit?or 2 komp warsztatowa?,3 DSK.
    MCC 26326:first letter surname:M/N,unit:5 kresowy baon łączności;5 KDP.
    MCC 28891:first letter surname:L/M,N,O,unit:Kw.Gł.2 Bpanc.
    Best wishes
    Artur

Hello Tom,

Many thanks for your post, I am surprised that DNW have not done their research as yet to provide the names of the recipients at least.

Monte Cassino cross

MCC Numbered 7915 when awarded the recipients details were as follows:

Surname : Leszczyński

Christian Name: Władysław

Date of Birth: 1900

Army Number: (also found on His ID Tags): 1900-17-III

Unit: 13th Transport and Supply Company, 3DSK.

He ended the war as a Kapral and came to the UK with his unit he died in 1970 in Northwich, Cheshire.

Monte Cassino cross

MCC Numbered: 26326 when awarded the recipients details were as follows:

Surname: Majchrzak

Christian Name: Marian

Fathers Name : Józef

Date of Birth: 1923

Army Number: 1923-138-III

Unit: 5th Signals Battalion, 5KDP

He was arrested by the Russians in 1941 and after the end of the war came to the Uk with his Unit, where in 1948 he married Michalina Wozcik in Todmorden, Yorkshire. In 1960 they both applied for British Citizenship and both where granted this on the 4th April 1960, London Gazette Dated 21st June 1960 Issue Nr: 42071 Page: 4357.

At that time Marian was a Joiner and Michalina a Cotton Doubler, both living at 38 Halifax Road, Todmorden, Lancashire.

Marian Majchrzak died in 1989 in Rochdale and Michalina died in 2014.

Monte Cassino cross

MCC Numbered: 28891 when awarded the recipients details were as follows:

Surname: Opawski

Christian Name: Bolesław

Date of Birth: 1906

Army Number: 1906-41-III

Unit: Head Quarters 2nd Armoured Brigade.

After the end of the war he came to the UK and in 1956 married Eileen Tierney in Dewsbury, Yorkshire, Bolesław applied for and was granted British Citizenship on the 20th September 1956 whilst working as a Loom Fitter in the textile industry. He was living at 6 Bank View, Earlsheaton, Dewsbury, London Gazette 13th November 1956, Issue Nr: 40924, page 6425.

Bolesław died in 1987 in Huddersfield.

I sincerely hope that the above answers your question Tom.

Best wishes

Andrzej

Dzieki Artek !!! Thanks Arthur. !!

- - ------- - -

Thank You Andrzej !!!!

Hello Everyone,

I was surfing again today and came across this Legitymacja and have posted obverse and reverse

Monte Cassino cross

obverse of the Monte Cassino Cross Legitymacja

Monte Cassino cross

Reverse of the Monte Cassino Cros Legitymacja Nr 38388 awarded to Kapral Franciszek Kocik PUK (Carpathian Lancers Regiment)

Best wishes

Andrzej

?

Hello Everyone
    ,,BIG DAY"
    Deposits:
    Heroes POLISH SOLDIER,awarded MCC & other polish heroes
    fallen in different parts of the world, far from our homeland...
    Depozyty po
    Ps.:,,Jeszcz Polska nie zginęła..."
    I m very happy...
    Best wishes
    Artur

Hello Artur,

Hopefully some of the 4,284 Soldiers Items and belongings will be able to be returned to their Families, this all began with the signing of an agreement between the British Ministry of Defence and the Polish Government in 2015

Monte Cassino cross

Minister Robert Kupiecki, Ambassador Witold Sobków and Minister Julian Brazier during the archive handover ceremony

Best wishes

Andrzej