Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 189 of 537 FirstFirst ... 89 139 179 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 199 239 289 ... LastLast
Results 1,881 to 1,890 of 5361

Monte Cassino cross

Article about: I dont htink about this like a collection maybe it is naive but it is a part of my family and describe the brave men which hard to find these days.Some award documents.tedAttachment 356198At

?

Hello DEAR Andrzejku
    Is it possible to give cross numbers,army number if they were given;the last unit given.

Monte Cassino cross
    1.kpt./cpt.Stefan MACHICA,commander 1 st company,16 baon.

Monte Cassino cross
    2.strz./rifle Zygmunt MACIEJEWSKI,2nd company,17 baon.

Monte Cassino cross
    3.kpt./cpt.Leon MALINOWSKI,17 baon.

THX
    Best wishes

Artur

?

Default Mcc 31714

Hello Everyone

Monte Cassino cross
    Monte Cassino cross
    MCC number 31714,first letter surname P,unit:9th supply company 2 BPanc.Orginal!

MEDAL KRZY

Best wishes

Artur

Hi there,

I am a new guy here, just joined. Recently I've developed some interest in the war memorabilia. Just yesterday discovered your forum.
    I purchased today my first MCC. How to find out if it is not a fake? I went through many pictures of originals but still not sure...
    Also, do you have any info about the MCC #33004? I read the entire thread and I did not see this number anywhere...

Thank you.

Luke
    Monte Cassino crossMonte Cassino cross

?

Hello lkochanek
    MCC number 33004 was awarded to:kanonier/artilleryman WIŚNIEWSKI Józef,army number:1917-106-III,unit:7 pak/7th Regiment horse artillery.
    Monte Cassino cross

Only DEAR Andrzejku can write more.

Best wishes

Artur

Hello Luke,

May I be the first to welcome you to the Forum and congratulations on your purchase, the cross is Genuine, I have also checked the index of victims of soviet repression but without any luck in finding Józef Wiśniewski born in 1917 listed.

When awarded the Monte Cassino Cross Numbered : 33004 the recipients details were as follows:

Surname: Wiśniewski

Christian Name: Józef

Date of Birth: 1917

Army Number: (Also found on His ID Tags): 1917-106-III

Unit: 7 Pułk Artylerii Konnej, 7th Horse Artillery Regiment

General Anders brother Pplk. Tadeusz Konstanty Anders also served in the Regiment as Deputy Commanding Officer then Commanding Officer.

That is all that I have been able to glean for you Luke, once again welcome to the Forum,

Best wishes

Andrzej

p.s. Now your search really does begin to find any Legitymacja awarded to Józef e.g. 2nd Corps Badge 7PAK Badge Legit, Army Medal legit and British Awards Legit plus His AB64. Then you can start to fill in his Medals and Badges.

Hello Artur,

Many thanks for your post on the Monte Cassino Cross Numbered 31714, it has been well cleaned, but it does look original from the photographs.

When awarded the Monte Cassino Cross Numbered: 31714 the recipients details were as follows:

Surname: Podgórski

Christian Name: Stefan

Date of Birth: 1911

Army Number: (also found on His ID Tags): 1911-82-III

Unit: 9 Kompanii Zaopatrywania, 2nd Armoured Brigade

Monte Cassino Cross Numbered : 31714

I hope that this answers all your questions Artur.

Best wishes

Andrzej

Hello Artur,

Many thanks for your post of the 3 following photographs which I have found better ones to view and correct the incorrect information about them it is even still on the NAC website.

1) Kapitan Stefan Machica 16 Baon Strzelec, 5KDP

2) Strzelec Zygmunt Maciejewski 2 Kompania, 17 Baon Strzelec, 5KDP

3) Kapitan Leon Malinowski, 17 Baon Strzelec, 5KDP.

Monte Cassino cross

There is no Kapitan Stefan Machica listed as having fought at Monte Cassino with the 16BS, but there is Kapitan Adam Machnica, Born in 1910, Army Number: 1910-239-III, Monte Cassino Cross Numbered: 17806.

Monte Cassino cross

Strzelec Zygmunt Maciejewski 2nd Kompania 17BS, Born in 1924, Army Number: 1924-98-III, Monte Cassino Cross Numbered: 18525.

Monte Cassino cross

There is no Kapitan Leon Malinowski listed in the 17BS at Monte Cassino, there is Kapitan sp. Leon Michalewski, 17BS, Born 20th February 1905, Killed in Action : 17th May 1944, Army Number: 1905-166-III, Monte Cassino Cross Numbered 18481.

Below are photographs of His Original grave at Monte Cassino and His grave in the Polish War Cemetery at Monte Cassino.

Monte Cassino cross

Monte Cassino cross

Kpt Leon Michalewski Grave 7-E-13

I hope that the above information answers all your questions Artur.

Best wishes

Andrzej

Andrzej and Artur,

I appreciate your help. I will continue my search. I believe Mr Jozef Wisniewski emigrated to USA after the war because I bought this cross in US from the seller in Florida. I am living in US for a while (emigrated in 2003) and I am trying to pick up Polish historic items like this if I see them here. Very often Americans do not know what they have and sell it at a decent price. This cross was not a big bargain ($99) but sometimes it is possible to find real gems for low price.

Best Regards

Lukasz

Hello Lukasz,

With regards to Józef Wiśniewski, there are 2 that I have found using Ancestry:

1) Born 27th January 1917, became a US Citisen on the 16th September 1983 in Canterbury, Connecticut, Death announced Newspaper 10th February 2010 aged 93.

2) Died New York 1986.

That is all that I have been able to glean for you Lukasz

Best wishes

Andrzej

Hello Lukasz,

Talking about gems to find my Daughter purchased a Monte Cassino Cross for me for £1.00p back in 1995 as a Christmas Present, they do exist and it still happens if you are in the right place at the right time.

Guess what I have just found for you Lukasz the following Obituary:

Jozef Wisniewski January 27, 1917 - February 8, 2010 Canterbury - Jozef Wisniewski, 93, of North Society Rd, formerly of Brown Ave Jewett City, passed away Monday morning at home. He was born January 27, 1917 in Poland son to the late Wojciech and Jadwiga (Rys) Wisniewski. On August 5, 1950 at St. Mary's Church in Leek, England he was married to Maria Olechnowicz. She predeceased him on February 28, 2003. Jozef worked for Federal Paper Board for many years, Pervel, and retired from Ashland Mill. He is a Polish Army veteran having served in WWII. He fought in the Battle of Monte Cassino in Italy. After the war he relocated to England where he met and married Maria. In 1951 Jozef and Maria came to settle in the United States. After a brief stay in Minnesota they came to Jewett City where they made their home for many years. He was a member of the Griswold Senior Center and a communicate of St. Mary's Church. He is survived by his two children Tadeusz Wisniewski and his wife Danuta of Griswold, and Krystyna Pepin and her husband Philip of Canterbury, a brother Dyonizy Wisniewski of Poland, two grandchildren Richard Wisniewski of Griswold and Paul Wisniewski and his wife Julie of Griswold, two great-grandchildren Chloe and Helena Wisniewski, and numerous nieces and nephews in Poland. Besides his wife he was predeceased by two brothers and five sisters.

So hopefully that will give you a bit more information.

Best wishes

Andrzej

p.s. my bill is in the post