Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 291 of 537 FirstFirst ... 191 241 281 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 301 341 391 ... LastLast
Results 2,901 to 2,910 of 5361

Monte Cassino cross

Article about: I dont htink about this like a collection maybe it is naive but it is a part of my family and describe the brave men which hard to find these days.Some award documents.tedAttachment 356198At

?

Hello Everyone

Have a Beatiful Easter!!!

,,I hope this Easter holiday fills your home with peace, joy, and plenty of colorful Easter eggs..."

P.S.:Hot greetings from Poland. We start to celebrate...

Monte Cassino cross

Best wishes

Artur

andrzej
    i am hoping you can help, researching my fathers past , came across one of his friends that lived in the same town in the UK , henry Lasczewski ( deceased 2003) he was in the 64th pomorski battalion, i believe part of the 2nd armoured division. do you know if he would of fought with my dad ( edward burak 6th armoured rgt ) at cassino , i.e is he on the list?
    if not would his regiment have fought with him at bologna or ancona, am wondering how they met or was it just coincidence they settled in darlington uk after the war.
    thanks for your help, if you are too busy dont worry , i appreciate if you can
    thanks tony b

Hello Tony,

Many thanks for your post, unfortunately Henryk Lasczewski is not listed in the Register of Recipients of the Monte Cassino Cross, neither could I find him on the Kresy-siberia website.

I could not even find his death listed on either Find my Past or Ancestry.

The 64th Pomeranian Infantry Battalion was formed in 1945 in Italy, its first commanding officer was Major Dypl. Edmund RĂ³życki who was in command from the 5th January 1945 until 30th March 1946.

That is all that I found Tony, apologies for not being able to locate him for you.

Best wishes

Andrzej

thanks andrzej
    this is what i found out from his son that i contacted ,--------He came from a village called Wolna which was close to Iszkoldz and was part of Baranowicze county and from looking at the maps this was very close to the Russian border (and a long way from Lwow). From what I know he was captured by the invading Soviet army in 1939 and deported to the Kolyma, and would have been about 18 at the time. The fate of the rest of the family is unknown but I think he had two brothers who may have perished in Siberia.

He was freed after the German invasion of the Soviet Union and made his way through to the Middle East to join the 2nd Polish Corps. I have some documentation and pictures of him uniform. I think he was a corporal and saw action in Italy. He was wounded and taken prisoner by the Germans and he escaped from a prisoner of war camp into Alsace so I suspect this was towards the latter stages of the war. his regiment ( 64th Pomorski Infantry Battalion).----------

i,m hoping to meet him so he may show me his photos then, and hopefully have a little more info ,
    again really apreciate you spending time o have a look for me, thanks!!!!

?

Hello Everyone

I bought 6 photos. One of them is a description in Italian. Badges of the 2nd artillery group.Awarded MCC.Ufortunatelly there is no surnames.

Monte Cassino cross
    Monte Cassino cross
    Monte Cassino cross
    Monte Cassino cross
    Monte Cassino cross
    Monte Cassino cross

Interesting matter. Two soldiers in the rank:L.sgt.

Monte Cassino cross

Soldier -(badge 2nd GrArt in uniform with no rank,awarded also MCC):

Monte Cassino cross
    kanonier HERMAN Bolesław.

There is still the seventh photo on which is the same soldier as in the two pictures above:

Monte Cassino cross

Hello Mittra

maybe you can figure out what has been written here...

Monte Cassino cross

Monte Cassino cross

THX

Best wishes

Artur
    Last edited by Wisnia; 04-27-2019 at 07:07 AM.

?

Hello Dawid

According to the information available, these 7 photos were acquired in Gliwice.
    I will pass ,,Śląsk Pamięci Monte Cassino"-Żdanowicza

Maybe you can establish the surname...

Best wishes

Artur

?

Hello DEAR Andrzejku

Could you check if it was given MCC:

kanonier HERMAN Bolesław;born 1916.Unit:11 PAC.

THX

Best wishes

Artur

?

Hello Everyone

To the post #2898 page 290.

Monte Cassino cross
    ogniomistrz KOPROWSKI Stanisław,born 1910-04-14 in Ruszkowo powiat Rypin.Fathers name Jan.MCC number 21636.
    WBH sygn.act.II.53.25879 and VIII.801.532.10573 ranklutonowy.

IPN note:

Monte Cassino cross

Monte Cassino cross
    Koprowski's MCC Leg.

P.S.:to the post #2905
    The inscription on the picture:Signorina Sassetti Maria fu angelo.Monsampietrangeli.Provicia di Ascoli Picena.Italia.

Best wishes

Artur

Hello Artur,

Many thanks for your post 2907, I have found a Kanonier Bolesław Herman, Born in 1922, Army Number : 1922-37-III, Unit : 11PAC, MCC Nr : 34566

Best wishes

Andrzej

?

Hello Everyone

kanonier HERMAN Bolesław born 1922-09-30 in Suchodoły powiat Brody.Fathers name Andrzej.Returned to Poland.Lived 44-100 Gliwice.Died 1992.

Monte Cassino cross
    Kanonier HERMAN Bolesław?

WBH act sygn.II.53.18318
    Lp.830 page.922 Żdanowicz's List

Best wishes

Artur