Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 362 of 537 FirstFirst ... 262 312 352 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 372 412 462 ... LastLast
Results 3,611 to 3,620 of 5363

Monte Cassino cross

Article about: I dont htink about this like a collection maybe it is naive but it is a part of my family and describe the brave men which hard to find these days.Some award documents.tedAttachment 356198At

Hello Everyone,

In my previous post I mentioned about memories by Zbigniew Pniewski and the trip from Pireus Harbourfrom where carried the first transport of Polish soldiers from Hungary and Romania to Syria.

So this is the Face of this soldier - Recipient of the Monte Cassino Cross:

Monte Cassino cross

Podporucznik Zbigniew Franciszek Pniewski, Army Number: 1920-8-III, Unit: 2 Pułk Artylerii Lekkiej, 3 DSK, MCC Nr 1697, also awarded KW, BKZzM, MW

Monte Cassino cross

Ppor. Zbigniew Pniewski in 1943

Monte Cassino cross

Monte Cassino cross

His Driving Licence issued in 1943 whilst he was kpr. pchor.

Post war photographs:

Monte Cassino cross

Ppor. Zbigniew Pniewski at Loreto Cemetery in 1984, at the grave of por. Zbigniew Okulicki KIA awarded VM 5 kl.

Monte Cassino cross

Ppor. Zbigniew Pniewski at Commemoration, 2009

Regards
    Konrad

Another one Face of Recipient of the Monte Cassino Cross:

Monte Cassino cross

Sierżant Jan Stanisław Bartoszek, Army Number: 1916-74-III, Unit: 5 Baon SK, 3 DSK, MCC Nr ?????, also awarded KW

Regards
    Konrad

Hello Everyone,

A few more Faces of Recipients of the Monte Cassino Cross :

Monte Cassino cross

Janusz Niedużak post WW2

Monte Cassino cross

Janusz Niedużak during WW2

Kan. Janusz Niedużak, Born 20th March 1919, Army Number : 1919-84-III, Unit : 8PAPLotCie., Monte Cassino Cross Numbered : 37110,
    Janusz Niedużak died on the 10th January 2020.

Monte Cassino cross

Ulan Walerian Jaworski, Born 1926, Army Number : 1926-20-III, Unit : PUK (Carpathian Lancers Regiment), Monte Cassino Cross Numbered : 38356.

Monte Cassino cross

Antoni Chrościelewski

Monte Cassino cross

Antoni Chrościelewski

Kan. Antoni Chrościelewski, Born in 1924, Army Number : 1924-9-III, Unit : 3KPAPL., Monte Cassino Cross Numbered : 3329.

Monte Cassino cross

Kan. Władysław Futyma, Born December 1920, Army Number : 1920-44-III, Unit : 6PAL, Monte Cassino Cross Numbered : 21525.

Władysław Futyma was Born in Buffalo on 19th December 1920 and the following July 1921, his family moved back to Poland, after being discharged from the Polish Army he applied for and was granted US Citizenship and was given a USA Passport.

Władysław Futyma, died on the 2nd August 2020.

Best wishes

Andrzej
    Last edited by andrzejku98; 10-03-2020 at 07:44 PM. Reason: New Information

Hello Konrad,

Many thanks for your post, when awarded the Monte Cassino Cross Jan Stanisław Bartoszek, details were as follows :

Date of Birth : 1916

Army Number : 1916-74-III

Unit : 5BSK

Monte Cassino Cross Numbered : 3059

Best wishes

Andrzej

Hello.

Regarding posts nr #261 and #262 on page 27.

Face of Recipent of the Monte Cassino Cross:

Monte Cassino cross

Strzelec Jan Fedzin, Army Number: 1920-50-III, Unit: 9 Kompania Zaopatrywania (9th Supply Company), MCC Nr 31495, also awarded MW

Monte Cassino cross

Monte Cassino cross

Legitymacja of the Monte Cassino Cross Numbered 31495

Monte Cassino cross

Monte Cassino cross

Commemorative Badge of the 2nd Polish Corps Legitymacja Numbered 017857

Monte Cassino cross

Monte Cassino cross

His Driving Licence issued in 1943

Monte Cassino cross Monte Cassino cross

Badge of the 2nd Warszawska Armoured Division Legitymacja Numbered 100

Monte Cassino cross

His baptism certificate issued in 1947 whilst he was starszy strzelec (Lance Corporal)

Some photographs of strz. Jan Fedzin:

Monte Cassino cross

Monte Cassino cross

With his friends in Iraq, 1943

Monte Cassino cross

Time for a beer

Monte Cassino cross

With his truck, 1944

Monte Cassino cross

Rome, 7th December 1944

Monte Cassino cross

19th August 1945

Monte Cassino cross

The volleyball team, 1945

Monte Cassino cross

Time to relax, volleyball match, 1945

Monte Cassino cross

On the beach in Italy, 1945

Monte Cassino cross

With a friend in Italy, 1945-46

Monte Cassino cross

Unknown place, 1946

Monte Cassino cross

In London, 23rd August 1947

Regards
    Konrad

Default Stankiewicz.Kazimierz

Hello Everyone
    I have been enjoying the photos and posts that have been put on recently; it keeps us/me occupied in the unusual time we find ourselves in.
    So I thought I would share part of my collection with all, also if anyone can shed any light on Kazimierz’s brothers.

I have in this collection over 100 photo's, documents and religious souvenir / memento from Palestine and Italy. And his time in the army and afterwards.

I was told he never married, but I cannot be sure of this.

Monte Cassino cross
    Kazimierz Stankiewicz. MCC 20486. 4 Pulk Art.

Monte Cassino cross

Monte Cassino crossMonte Cassino crossMonte Cassino crossMonte Cassino cross
    Monte Cassino crossMonte Cassino cross

This photo is marked Italy 1946. Not sure what he is holding.

Monte Cassino cross

This photo is his brother Wincenty, if anyone can give me any information on any of his brothers I would be very grateful.

Monte Cassino cross

I am not 100% sure but I think this is another brother Tadeusz. Photo marked Rome.

Hello Gonzo500,

Many thanks for your post, unfortunately there is no Tadeusz Stankiewicz listed as being a Recipient of the Monte Cassino Cross.

I have been able to find 2 Wincenty Stankiewicz's listed as Recipients of the Monte Cassino Cross, they are as follows :

1) Kapral (Corporal) Wincenty Stankiewicz, Born 2nd February 1907, Army Number : 1907-293-III, Unit : 8PAPLotCie., Monte Cassino Cross Numbered : 37322, Father's Name : Tadeusz.

From the Regimental History of the 8PAPLotCie. I have been able to glean the following information : British Star's Legitymacja Numbered : 778, Army Medal Legitymacja Numbered : 32393, 2nd Corps Badge Number (only 3 Digits listed) : 803.

2) Strz. (Rifleman) Wincenty Stankiewicz, Born 1st November 1906, Army Number : 1906-88-III, Unit : 6BSK, 3DSK., Monte Cassino Cross Numbered : 12840. By the end of the war he had been promoted to St.Strz. (Lance Corporal) and was serving in the 8BSK and had been awarded the Cross of Valour. Father's Name : Michał.

That is all that I have been able to find for you Gonzo500, my bill is in the post.

Best wishes

Andrzej

Hello Everyone,

I would like to add another one Face of Recipient of the Monte Cassino Cross:

Monte Cassino cross

Monte Cassino cross

Plutonowy Zygmunt Młynarz, Army Number: 1909-28-III, Unit: 2 Bryg. SK, MCC Nr ?????, awarded also BKZzM and MW

Monte Cassino cross

His military booklet

Monte Cassino cross

Monte Cassino cross

Monte Cassino cross

Monte Cassino cross

His Driving Licences issued in 1942

Monte Cassino cross

Document of awarding the Bronze Cross of Merit with Swords

Monte Cassino cross

Document of awarding the Army Medal for the first time

Monte Cassino cross

Promotion to the rank of Sergeant, UK 1946

Regards
    Konrad

Thank you Andrzej

You have given me some further information that I did not have, as I do not speak Polish it is very hard for me, there used to be the Janusz Stankiewicz Genealogia website that many people used as a reference site but that disappeared around the same time I received this collection.

Now that I am retired I cannot afford to travel to PISM anymore but I did pick up from the Medal Wojska lists 3 Wincenty Stankiewicz, the other must have joined after Monte Cassino, Wincenty Stankiewicz. strz. 1915/295/III 14 Baon Strzel.

This further complicates finding which one is his brother.

Thank you again and for all you do for other members.

Kevin

?

Hello Everyone & DEAR Andrzejku

Something is known about the monographs awarded with the Monte Cassino Cross. Who will publish this study and how advanced the work on this item is.

75 years have passed and there is no numerical study in Poland...

THX

Best wishes

Artur