Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 536 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 54 104 504 ... LastLast

Monte Cassino cross

Article about: I dont htink about this like a collection maybe it is naive but it is a part of my family and describe the brave men which hard to find these days.Some award documents.tedAttachment 356198At

Default re: Monte Cassino cross

Attachment 186149Attachment 186150

Hi Guys,

Picked this up today, very happy with it !

Hello, I was wondering if it is possible to get some information about two Monte Cassino Cross recipients: 7043 and 27511.
    Thank you in advance!

3mk
    ?

Thats a nice grouping How do you research a Monte Cassino cross by its number?

?

Dear Andrzejku

I was wondering if you could help me find out who the original owner of a Monte Cassino cross # 7079 was please. Or if you can give me the link of where i can find this information out it would be amazing.

Thank you for your help.

Clare

?

I have number 7079! maybe they knew eachother!

Hello Clare,

The recipient of the Monte Cassino Cross Numbered: 7079 was Mr. M B Kenmore who died in Leicester in 1995, his wife Katherine Mary died in Hinckley, Leics' in 1975. The story does not end there, you need to go back in time to two dates 1944 and 1966.

In 1944 Mr. M.B. Kenmore was then known as: Plutowny (Lance Sergeant) Mieczyslaw Bernard Keidrowski of the 2nd Transport and Supply Company of the 3rd Carpathian Rifle Division, 2nd Polish Corps. The 3rd Carpathian Rifle Division recipients of the Monte Cassino Cross where listed Alphabetically, the recipient of the Monte Cassino Cross Numbered:7043 was in the 13th Supply Company of the 3rd Carpathian Rifle Division, so its unlikely that they knew each other.

Mieczyslaw Kiedrowski was born in 1914 and his Army Number was : 1914/28/III.

After the end of the 2nd World War Mieczyslaw decided not to go back to Poland but came to the United Kingdom, where he met and Married a Katherine M Collins in Birmingham in 1948.

Then we come to 1966 two things happened during that year to change Mieczyslaw Kiedrowski for ever:

Firstly he became a Naturalised British Subject, the London Gazette Issue Number:44153 dated 25th October 1966 carries the following information on being granted British Citizenship.

Keidrowski, Mieczyslaw, Poland; Bricklayer; 6 London Road, Hinckley, Leicestershire, Granted British Citizenship dated: 5th September 1966.

Then the following Month the London Gazette dated 18th October 1966, by Deed Poll Mieczyslaw Keidrowski changed his Name to Kenmore whilst still living at Nr: 6 London Road, Hinckley, Leicestershire, Abandoned the Surname of Keidrowski and became known as Mr. Mieczyslaw Bernard Kenmore. Dated 17th October 1966.

Thats all that I could find out about the recipient of the Monte Cassino Cross Numbered: 7079.

I hope that the above infornation is of some use and help

Best wishes

Andrzejku

?

Hi Andrzejku

I would just like to say a massive thank you for all of your help, this is some amazing information. Can I ask where you get it from? or is it not available online?

Thank you again.

Clare

Hello Clare,

You are most welcome, I wouldn't do that for everyone, because of the time incured and the fact that I'am also on Holiday.

Most of the information is available on line, London Gazette, Find My Past, Ancestry, Index of Victims of Soviet Repression, 3rd Carpathian Rifle Division (List's of Officers and Other Ranks of the Division) etc.

Some of the information unfortunately is not available on Line

Best wishes

Andrzejku

Geraldo
    ?

New to the site today and I am pleased to find such a source of interesting information.
    I purchased this group at a local auction.; can anyone tell me who the recipient was?
    They all appear to be genuine.http://imagehost.vendio.com/a/6595129/view/polmedsface1.JPG

There is probably an easier way to show the images but i'm not too hot with these thing.
    Thank you.

Hello, it's possible to get some information about this Monte Cassino Cross recipients?

Thank you in advance!

Page 4 of 536 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 54 104 504 ... LastLast