Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 8 of 536 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 58 108 508 ... LastLast

Monte Cassino cross

Article about: I dont htink about this like a collection maybe it is naive but it is a part of my family and describe the brave men which hard to find these days.Some award documents.tedAttachment 356198At

Default re: Monte Cassino cross

Great pictures Ted. I have an image of my great uncle with three other chaps. My uncle is the man on the left leaning on the sign, the man to his left looks very much like your uncle. What do you think?

Chris.........
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Monte Cassino cross  

zet
    ?

Im afraid is not the rank doesnt match and I think he is not him.Here is a pic of his orginall chest with name.He came back to Poland with all his stuff in it.Attachment 354848Attachment 354849Im getting tired of edit my post .Monte Cassino crossMonte Cassino cross

No worries Ted.

Too bad, I sure thought it was him, just had to ask. Do you have other pictures?
    The box is a great keepsake! Can anyone identify whether this is a tool or munitions box?

Chris.........
    Last edited by ChrisW01; 06-04-2012 at 08:28 AM.

zet
    ?

Monte Cassino crossIve got another one with name on the top will post pictures.Here is a pic from Monte Cassino.I dont know is my uncle is on the photo but worth to see.Attachment 354882

Fantastic image Ted, one that I am very familiar with as my uncle helped build that monument in early May 1946 at Monte Cassino. He welded the tracks together. He took this picture of his friends on May 18, 1946 I believe.

Chris........

Hello All,

The above two photographs must have been taken with in minutes of each other, if you notice in the background to the left the car and the Red Cross truck are in the same position and to the right of the tree you can just make out the other trucks wheels.

best wishes

Andrzejku

zet
    ?

Monte Cassino crossMonte Cassino crossYes it looks like the time of making this pics is very close.The red cross truck is almost in the same position.Here is a pic of driving license and red cross card .Attachment 355198Attachment 355199

zet
    ?

Monte Cassino crosshere is a very interesting memorabilia this rose from Monte Cassino was given to my uncle, hand written description made by him .More about the italian girl soon.I hope the story is interesting for You.TedAttachment 355204

Quote by ChrisW01 View Post
    No worries Ted.

Too bad, I sure thought it was him, just had to ask. Do you have other pictures?
    The box is a great keepsake! Can anyone identify whether this is a tool or munitions box?

Chris.........
    I am pretty sure it's a stowage box.

Marked with "HQ/Command" squadron red diamond.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

zet
    ?

It is another chest which I purchased from a vet family from Cracow.Maybe You can find his name and regiment.Ive got only a chest.Monte Cassino crossMonte Cassino crossMonte Cassino cross

Page 8 of 536 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 58 108 508 ... LastLast