Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 9 of 536 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 59 109 509 ... LastLast

Monte Cassino cross

Article about: I dont htink about this like a collection maybe it is naive but it is a part of my family and describe the brave men which hard to find these days.Some award documents.tedAttachment 356198At

Default re: Monte Cassino cross

Correction. These are both British Steel Ammunition Boxes C224 Mk 1... exactly what is stamped on the lids

Size: Length 24.7" Breadth 15.25" Depth 10.125"
    Empty Weight 11 lb. 8 oz.

Typically used for:
    3-in. Q.F. howitzer Smoke
    Number Packed: 12
    Gross weight: 144 lbs
    4.5-in. B.L. gun Cordite W- 1st Charge
    Number Packed: 6
    Gross weight: 57 lbs
    4.5-in. B.L. gun Cordite W- 2nd and 3rd Charges
    Gross weight: 90 lbs
    5.5-in. B.L. gun 3rd and 4th charge
    Gross weight: 88 lbs
    6-in. 26-cwt. B.L. howitzer 4-lb. 6-oz. 4-dr charge
    Number Packed: 10
    Gross weight: 80 lbs
    M.L. 8-in. projector, Generators Smoke, No. 23
    Number Packed: 12
    Gross weight: 100 lbs
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

zet
    ?

Monte Cassino crossMonte Cassino crossMonte Cassino crossMonte Cassino crossHere are next part of my uncle photos maybe some of You can recognize relatives on them.TedAttachment 355826Attachment 355828Attachment 355829Attachment 355830

Very interesting photographs – especially the two showing the mannequin in the suit of armour.

See here:

Discovery in Potenza Picena, former 4th Skorpion garrison.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Soldiers dinner May 18,1946. Wonderful images Ted, the knight mannequin standing in the background still exists today in the regiment's former garrison town of Potenza Picena.

- - Updated - -

[QUOTE=A.J. Zawadzki;602606]Very interesting photographs – especially the two showing the mannequin in the suit of armour.

You beat me to the punch Tony thanks for posting!

Hey, no sweat Chris. It took some digging to find that thread. Very cool to see ‘The Knight of Monte Cassino’ again!

That was an amazing discovery you made, and equally remarkable that it survived all of these years. By chance do you have any news about the Knight? I’d think it should eventually find its way into a museum.

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

zet
    ?

Monte Cassino crossMonte Cassino crossMonte Cassino crossIve got an originall invitation from this event.Very well made with diecasting sign of regimental badge.I know what im saying I professionaly restore books.It is very quality work.Attachment 355866Attachment 355867Attachment 355868

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    Hey, no sweat Chris. It took some digging to find that thread. Very cool to see ‘The Knight of Monte Cassino’ again!

That was an amazing discovery you made, and equally remarkable that it survived all of these years. By chance do you have any news about the Knight? I’d think it should eventually find its way into a museum.
    Nice to get some perspective as to where the knight stood. Been a while since I spoke with my hosts. I did make a point of telling them that it should be preserved or at least stored and insured. There is talk of including of it along with relics and images for a future cultural & town history event and/or center but that is a long way off and subject to municipal approval and budgeting. They assured me that they will let me know.

Chris.........

Thanks for that.

And here I was thinking you had it in your basement already . . .

Cheers,
    T.

Quote by zet View Post
    Monte Cassino crossMonte Cassino crossMonte Cassino crossIve got an originall invitation from this event.Very well made with diecasting sign of regimental badge.I know what im saying I professionaly restore books.It is very quality work.Attachment 355866Attachment 355867Attachment 355868
    Great to see such a rare piece of "Skorpion" ephemera ... Thank you for sharing such a wonderful collection
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Page 9 of 536 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 59 109 509 ... LastLast