Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

My small WW2 polish badges collection - 1SBS

Article about: .... And unfortunately, the attached image will give you an idea of the variety of copies on the open market ... ALL are reproductions bar the "50" jump, which was a communist Poli

?

Default Re: My small WW2 polish badges collection - 1SBS

Tony is right.
    This however is a modern American copy used by re-enactors ... they retail at approx. $10 USD

Regards

Gary J.

Thanks Gary. That machine turned spinner is of the classic type found on many Bialkiewicz copies, hence my hunch.

I think it’s almost safe to say that the 1SBS para wing is perhaps the most replicated of the exile Polish forces badges. I can’t think of any other unit badge that has anywhere near as many copies floating about the marketplace.

Cheers,
    T.
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

Thank you guys for your insights That explains a lot to me. I find this copy extremely well done. Highly detailed, hard to say if it is cast or cut out piece, even imperial threaded stud is supplied...
    This Bialkiewicz, in what era has he been manufacturing these badges?

Quote by jaxmon View Post
    . . . This Bialkiewicz, in what era has he been manufacturing these badges?
    My understanding is that he was actively producing badges from the 1960’s into the 1980’s.

Mieczyslaw Bialkiewicz was an interesting figure about whom I’d like to learn more. The little bits and pieces picked up over the years was that he was veteran of the 4th Scorpion Armoured Regiment of the 2nd Corps. I have a copy of a photo book on this regiment from about 1974 which is credited to him. Badge production was a hobby and an extension of his primary occupation as a jewelry maker. An ardent patriot, he was very active in veteran’s circles which extended to producing some commemorative ‘kombatanckie’ badges in the 1980’s (10th Wolyn Hussars; 14th Wielkoposka Armoured Brigade). I recall being told that he produced the jewelry that was worn by Elizabeth Taylor in the movie Cleopatra, and he also supplied his services for other films as well. There’s a good possibility that some of this is not entirely accurate, so I welcome any corrections, and hopefully some more information on this man.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

?

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    My understanding is that he was actively producing badges from the 1960’s into the 1980’s.

Mieczyslaw Bialkiewicz was an interesting figure about whom I’d like to learn more. The little bits and pieces picked up over the years was that he was veteran of the 4th Scorpion Armoured Regiment of the 2nd Corps. I have a copy of a photo book on this regiment from about 1974 which is credited to him. Badge production was a hobby and an extension of his primary occupation as a jewelry maker. An ardent patriot, he was very active in veteran’s circles which extended to producing some commemorative ‘kombatanckie’ badges in the 1980’s (10th Wolyn Hussars; 14th Wielkoposka Armoured Brigade). I recall being told that he produced the jewelry that was worn by Elizabeth Taylor in the movie Cleopatra, and he also supplied his services for other films as well. There’s a good possibility that some of this is not entirely accurate, so I welcome any corrections, and hopefully some more information on this man.

Regards,
    Tony
    Many thanks Tony for interesting story. I have done some net browsing, and found this article about Mieczyslaw Bialkiewicz: Archiwum Pa

Simon

Many thanks Simon! Very interesting article, and pleased to know that the facts I had picked up were accurate. Bialkiewicz was evidently a very accomplished and revered man, every bit in keeping with the many great Poles of that generation. I sure envy the people lucky enough to take in this exposition in Szczecin back in 2007!

Regards,
    Tony

cdo
    ?

Dear Gary,

I signed up to WRF today & have already learned so much from previous posts. I have a badge & am trying to identify as a copy or original etc. It has some very sound features unlike the cheaper made.. really fake fakes but is unnumbered, has a old spinner like that accompanying other polish medals etc. Many thanks.

Roy.

Hello Roy and welcome to the forum. I am happy to read that you’re finding the threads informative.

If your badge is not numbered then it will not be genuine. We’d still be interested in seeing pictures of it though.

Regards,
    Tony

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3