Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

need help with my grandad

Article about: I looking for any information on my grandad Stanislaw Kondrat. I know he moved to England after the war but he never spoke about it.

Default need help with my grandad

I looking for any information on my grandad Stanislaw Kondrat. I know he moved to England after the war but he never spoke about it.

Hello Phillp

There is a KONDRATOWICZ Stanisław - - 1923/57 szer. 3. bn. łączno at Janusz Stankiewicz. Genealogia, przodkowie, badania genealogiczne, forum dyskusyjne.
    Is this the same man?

Chris.....

Hi Chris,

To be honest I don't know. My grandad never spoke about the war and my father had always been a Kondrat. Is there anymore information on the Stanislaw Kondratowicz?

I have his Monte Cassino medal and the number is 25506. Does that help?

Not from my sources. I suspect/guessing the name may have been shortened. Tell us more about your father, any army photos? if so post them, they could be very informative.

Chris.....

Quote by Philip Kondrat View Post
    I have his Monte Cassino medal and the number is 25506. Does that help?
    It most certainly does, I see you posted it on the Monte Cassino Cross thread, that will help!

Chris......

I have only my grandads war medals. I have a picture of him in his uniform and it looks like he has the 5th Kresowa Inantry Badge. I was told he was captured by the Russians in 1949 in the battle of lwow and taken to a gulag. That's I really know.

Then he was was in the Polish 2nd Corps

After you confirm his last name through his Monte Cassino Cross contact APC Polish Historical Disclosures polishasstdisoff@northolt.raf.mod.uk>. Contact Barbara Kroll or Margaret Goddard and ask them what information is required to obtain your relative's army records,Proof of kinship is required. You will have to mail your request and there is a small fee, takes about three months for records to arrive. Mail to:

MOD
    APC Disclosures 5 (Polish)
    Building 60, RAF Northolt
    West End Road
    Ruislip
    Middlesex HA4 6NG
    England
    Last edited by ChrisW01; 08-23-2015 at 06:37 PM.

Thanks so much Chris. I was wondering who I would contact after I get the information. Hopefully I will hear soon from the monte Cassino medal number.

Your welcome

Let us know what you learn.

Chris....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast