Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

New items!

Article about: I just got these and would like some insight in to each piece and I am not sure of the gold eagle.

Default New items!

I just got these and would like some insight in to each piece and I am not sure of the gold eagle.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New items!   New items!  

New items!   New items!  

Default Re: New items!

Hi, the lower one is Italian in origin. But I cannot tell you what it represents?

The Polish badges are: eagle cap badge for the beret: British 8th Army shield worn by the Poles: Polish 2nd Corps 'syrenka' (mermaid).

Hope this helps?

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Ade,

Thanks, I am new to this and find the Polish exile stuff very interesting but cannot find reference to explain how each piece of insignia relates to the next.

T/Y John

Hi John,

A good English language reference for Polish 2nd Corps badges and insignia to consider is "The Allied forces in Italy, 1943-45" by Guido Rosignoli. There's a section of colour plates that shows all of the units and their respective insignia.

For a general overall reference that illustrates all of the exile armed forces badges and insignia and how they were applied to uniforms you might want to consider "Polskie siły zbrojne na Zachodzie 1939-1947" by Benedykt Wojciechowski and Zdzisław Sawicki. Although in Polish it does have a brief English language introduction. Here’s an ebay listing that shows some of the contents:

B Book Polish Armed Forces in The West 1939 47 Sawicki | eBay

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New items!  
    Attached Images Attached Images New items! 
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne