ccj
    ?

Default PAF blouse

Seen on ebay
    Attached Images Attached Images PAF blouse 

ccj
    ?

Default Re: PAF blouse

Another from ebay that I inquired about.

I've seen PAF in RAF uniforms but I don't know to what extent the tunics were used or modified.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture PAF blouse   PAF blouse  

ccj
    ?

I think these tunics belonged to the same Polish pilot.

ccj
    ?

more
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture PAF blouse  
    Attached Images Attached Images PAF blouse  PAF blouse 

ccj
    ?

!

ccj
    ?

More Air Force

Does ANYONE on this forum have examples of Polish Air Force uniforms?
    Attached Images Attached Images PAF blouse  PAF blouse  PAF blouse  PAF blouse  PAF blouse 
    Last edited by A.J. Zawadzki; 01-08-2010 at 04:44 AM.

ccj
    ?

More photos...

It seems not all uniforms sported the collar rank insignia. I do see that most have the Polish shoulder tabs but not all, especially the uniforms of pilots and crew by aircraft in which it appears no insignia was worn by many.
    Last edited by A.J. Zawadzki; 01-08-2010 at 04:46 AM.

Quote by ccj View Post
    It seems not all uniforms sported the collar rank insignia. . . .
    RAF rank insignia on the sleeves was mandatory, but it was optional to display the Polish pre-war rank equivalent on the collar lapels.

Regards,
    Tony

Quote by ccj View Post
    . . . Does ANYONE on this forum have examples of Polish Air Force uniforms?
    Here’s one from my collection. This is a standard 4 pocket SD tunic (tailored by Gieves Ltd. London) that belonged to Flight Lt. Michał Michniewicz. The tunic is dated 1941 and named on the label. I purchased this from the son of the person to whom Michniewicz gave it in 1976, who was a close friend of his.

I also have a copy of a letter written by Michniewicz that mentions the tunic when it was given to his friend. Excerpt posted below. He apologizes for it’s “poor” condition, although aside from being well worn, several buttons replaced and a couple of split seams and some liner fraying it's actually in good shape. The nice thing is that it remains exactly ‘as is’ since being owned by Michniewicz.

Michniewicz’s original “warsztatowy” pilot’s badge also remains in place. These badges were made for Polish pilots as replacements for lost ones early after arrival in the UK.

Copy of Michniewicz obituary from the Montreal Gazette :

02/05/02

MICHNIEWICZ, Michal

Passed away at the age of eighty-seven at the Charles Le Moyne Hospital on February 2, 2002.

Beloved husband of Zofia.

Michal MICHNIEWICZ was a veteran of the Polish Air Force with the RAF in Great Britain during World War II as a Fighter Pilot, Rank of Major, with the 318 Fighter Squadron. Decorated with the Silver Cross Virtuti Militari and twice with the Cross of Valour, as well as the Air Force Medal and many others. He will be sadly missed by his friends and members of the 310 RCAFA Polish Wing of Montreal.

Visitation at Collins Clarke Funeral Home, 5610 Sherbrooke Street West at 2 p.m. on Thursday, February 7, 2002, memorial service at 3 p.m.

In lieu of flowers, donations to the Heart and Stroke Foundation would be appreciated. The Heart and Stroke Foundation, 1434 Ste. Catherine Street West, . . .

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture PAF blouse   PAF blouse  

PAF blouse   PAF blouse  

Last edited by A.J. Zawadzki; 11-15-2019 at 04:46 AM. Reason: updated photos

ccj
    ?

Tony,

Thats a 1st class set you have with a nice history.

Are the buttons Polish or RAF?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast