Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Page transaltion help needed...........

Article about: Could I respectfully impose on someone to translate a page from "Waleczne Skorpiony: Pulku 4 Pancernego tom II". It's a chart listing their wheeled support & transport. I usual

Default Page transaltion help needed...........

Could I respectfully impose on someone to translate a page from "Waleczne Skorpiony: Pulku 4 Pancernego tom II". It's a chart listing their wheeled support & transport. I usually use Google translate but it's all coming back in disconnected sentences. I understand the vehicle types it's just everything else from the title, columns and paragraph at the bottom that's not translating very well.

Thanks in advance
    Chris............
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Page transaltion help needed...........  
    Last edited by ChrisW01; 11-05-2010 at 08:17 AM.

?

Default Re: Page transaltion help needed...........

Hello,

The meaning of columns of table in paragraph 2 a) 'Wheeled transport' is as follows (from left to right): Unit (Oddział), CO or Commanding Officer (D-ca, ie. Dowódca), Means of transport (Środki transportowe), Assembly/rallying area and time of assembly (Godz. i rejon zbiórki ie. Godzina i rejon zbiórki), Marching route outline, literally 'axis of march' (Oś marszu), Speed (Szybkość), literally 'density' (Gęstość).

Units mentioned in first column are:
    - 1st company plus quatermaster,
    - 2nd company plus officers' mess and shop,
    - 3rd company plus kitchen,
    - headquarters company, Light Aid Attachment and battalion's medical doctor.

More to follow later.

Now you have to excuse me. I've spent 12 hours at work trying to translate into English how VAT should be handled in Poland and that's enough for me (and it's already 'tomorrow' here ). I presume you can make out the commanders of each of those units now.

Regards,
    MJU

Thanks for that Jung.
    Yes I have the commanders figured out as well as the vehicle types and L.A.D. meaning.
    Get some some sleep and catch up with me later, there's no rush.
    Regards
    Chris............

?

Sorry for apalling delay, but nevertheless...

I came to conclusion, that showing translation in this way would be the best.
    The assembly time "4.£5" was most probably meant to be "4:45" (4 and $ are on the same key - they probably had 4 and £ back then). Whenever I could not decypher characters, I used question mark (?) there. The -''- and similar sets of characters should be read 'same as above'.

Just ask, should you have further questions.

Regards,
    Jung
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Page transaltion help needed...........  

Thanks very much Jung and no worries!
    Chris..............