Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Personal belongings great-grandfather

Article about: These are the personal belongings of my Polish great-grandfather: Zbigniew Fialkowski. He served until 1939 in the national Polish army and later in the British army under the famous Polish

Default Personal belongings great-grandfather

These are the personal belongings of my Polish great-grandfather: Zbigniew Fialkowski. He served until 1939 in the national Polish army and later in the British army under the famous Polish general Władysław Anders.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Personal belongings great-grandfather   Personal belongings great-grandfather  

Personal belongings great-grandfather   Personal belongings great-grandfather  

Default Re: Personale belongings great-grandfather

More belongings:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Personal belongings great-grandfather   Personal belongings great-grandfather  

Personal belongings great-grandfather  

Default Re: Personal belongings great-grandfather

Thanks for sharing these with us. I have an interest in Polish items and it was a pleasure to see these, made all the better in knowing that they came from a relative of yours.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Nice history and nice items!!!
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

UnknownSoldier
    ?

Brilliant, just brillliant. :-)

Tom

Ty all.

?

Your fathers "Cross of Valour" should be researchable via the Sikorski Institute in London !!
    I managed to find my late father's original citation for his Cross of Valour there.

Did he come to the 2nd Corp via Palestine - originally being released from the Soviet Gulags after the Soviet deportation purges in Poland in 1940 ?

G.

Quote by Polski44 View Post
    Did he come to the 2nd Corp via Palestine - originally being released from the Soviet Gulags after the Soviet deportation purges in Poland in 1940 ?

G.
    No not form the Gulags. He joined the Allies in 1940. After the battles in east-poland (against the Sovjets) he escaped to Romania. From there he travelled to western-Europe.

?

What a fantastic collection
    It is always good to see a large group of items to one soldier kept together.

Thanks for showing ..

Gary J.

Hello! Very nice group. Regards

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast