?

Default Re: Podhalan Service Dress.

thanks Emil, I know

Cheers,
    Marc

M - this is a great set!
    The Narvik Badge is superb.
    On something else, may I ask You to do me a favour and post the picture of the badge in the Polish Regimental Badges sub-discussion so that the new-comers joining the form have a good library / encyclopaedia of badges in one place.
    A

Quote by marc b View Post
    Hi Guys,
    Another Service Dress I have for many years.
    Complete with the pocked badge and lanyard.
    If someone has a Narvik pocket badge made by another manufacturer....please show.

Just missing the small shield on the lanyard.
    ....if someone has one...

Enjoy!
    Marc

T
    On something else, may I ask You to do me a favour and post the picture of the badge in the Polish Regimental Badges sub-discussion so that the new-comers joining the form have a good library / encyclopaedia of badges in one place.
    A

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    Thumbs up from me as well! Very nice set. !!

Sorry to say that I only have the one in my photo-archive (posted below).

There was only one official maker. The badge exists in both a serial numbered version along with a ‘cut out’ version, all presumably from the same maker.

It was not uncommon for the owners to remove the pinback fastening and replace with the traditional threaded post. Such is the case for the one in my collection (posted below)

Keep posting those tunics Marc!

Regards,
    Tony

Woow....The sale price . . . 4500zl = $1550 USD = 970GBP ...........
    I'm glad I haven't sold everything years ago...kept most of my 1st armd. div. stuff....
    (Garry, years ago at Belting you always told me to keep the good Polish stuff.....Thanks mate!!!) . . .
    Good for you to have listened to Gary’s advice and held onto your things. The current global economic doldrums have not had any dampening effect on Polish militaria values. Prices continue to climb up up and away, so much so that I am all but priced out of the market!

Quote by wadowicznic View Post
    T
    A
    Thanks A. Will do.

Cheers,
    T.

?

Tony,
    That cut away version has a backing pin very similar to some of the German badges from WW2.
    Might this be a later version manufactured in early post war Germany ?

Cheers

Gary J.

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    Hi Marc,

Unfortuntely my references either omit mention of the badge maker, or state "maker unknown".

Posted below is one of the 'cut out' versions that was up for auction back in 2007 but I unfortunately neglected to record the sale price.

However, I do have the sale price of an badge like yours with original pinback that was listed on the Polish Antykwariat Numizmatyczna site within the past year. Listing posted below.

The sale price . . . 4500zl = $1550 USD = 970GBP

Regards,
    T.

?

Marc,
    Well, that was almost 10 years ago, ... but that was the time when Polish items were on the turn, .. and still reasonably affordable !
    .. Gone are the days of Polish 2nd Corp BD's for £100, and most regular issue Breast badges between £20 - £40 !
    .. Back then, at Beltring, you could still rummage through stalls and barter for sensible prices ...

It was much more of an adventure, with something good always to be found !

Regards

Gary J.

Woow....The sale price . . . 4500zl = $1550 USD = 970GBP ...........
    I'm glad I haven't sold everything years ago...kept most of my 1st armd. div. stuff....
    (Garry, years ago at Belting you always told me to keep the good Polish stuff.....Thanks mate!!!)
    And Tony, thanks for posting the pics of the badge and the info on it.

cheers,
    Marc

Quote by Gary J View Post
    Tony,
    That cut away version has a backing pin very similar to some of the German badges from WW2.
    Might this be a later version manufactured in early post war Germany ?
    Hi Gary,

I have perilously little information on this badge, and once again no maker info whatsoever. I’ve not yet seen an award document either.

Your observation is good. It’s entirely possible that these could have been produced post war in Germany or elsewhere, as many Polish unit and commemorative badges were. The badge itself was authorized in mid 1941, so that would possibly suggest some wartime production, and if so then probably in the UK. Hopefully someone will be able to shed some light on this.

Regards,
    T.

marc b,
    Oh my heart !
    I belive we know ourselves... wouldn't you be from Belgium ? I am from Normandy...
    I have the small lion for the lanyard... I am interested in exchanges...
    Ze-Pole

The Lion :

Ze-Pole

For information, this tunic is NOT missing the Narvik lion shield, the shield was attached to the lanyard if the soldier served at Narvik, if he did not, however was part of the Batalion Strzelcow Podhalanskich he only was allowed to wear the lanyard without the shield!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast