Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Podhalan Service Dress.

Article about: thanks Emil, I know Cheers, Marc

?

Default Re: Podhalan Service Dress.

Interesting info !

I was always lead to believe the "Narvik" lanyard was unofficial ...
    BUT !!! if the "Narvik Lion shield" was produced for the Lanyard, then I take it that the Lanyard was in fact sanctioned for official wear. ?

Regards

Gary J.

Oh yes. Just like every other lanyard in the 1st Armoured div. The lanyard was part of the batalions uniform, however the shield was the "award" for Narvik.

To my mind, this officer was in Narvik... just look at the breast badge... That is the pattern worn for Narvik...
    Ze-Pole

I think that this officer was so in Narvik, but informations given by "cichociemny" are correct !
    If there had been only this badge on the pocket :

indeed, doubt could exist... but with the other breast badge (For Narvik Battle, shown by "marc b"), that seems to indicate that this officer was in Norway in 1940.

Judging by the rank, yes he was most probably at Narvik, there is also possibility that he was left behing in France in 1940 however by being a member of the brigade qualified for the badge. Most probable that the shield simply fell off or was lost. Without research at the sikorski institute one can never know.

cichociemny,
    You are right. Probably it exists a listing of the polish officers and troopers for Narvik in book or in website ? But I have to say that the polish troops in 1940 are not my speciality, I collect only 1rst polish armored division.
    Perhaps somebody will have a good internet link or book to propose ?
    Ze-Pole

Hello,
    Another lanyard and insignia, worn by a polish soldier who fought at Narvik in 1940 in Podhale Brigade.

Ze-Pole

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3