Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Poland Army Medal for War 1939-1945

Article about: Hi Everyone, I also think that it is time that the Number of vatiants of the Army Medal are listed and I would ask any member to post their variants below, I have been able to find the follo

?

No one? Don't tell me I have the rarest Polish army medal there is....LOL

Hi Sampo,

I appears to be a modern copy.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

Hi Tony,
    Can you tell me why you think so, I would like to learn a bit more about this medal.
    Cheers
    Sampo

Hi Sampo,

There are four versions of this medal that collectors consider “official”. The medals are the ones produced within a decade of the end of WW2. These are pictured in post 1 of this thread. Then there are several other versions produced later that were either made for veterans or are simply copies. Your medal is one of these later ones.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

Hi,

Thank you for the explanation, all clear to me. Unfortunately a veterans copy. Hope to have better luck next time.
    Cheers
    Sampo

Hello there everyone!

Does anybody know what happened with the Type 1 medals, which was not issued to
    the soldiers of 2nd Corps?
    Who & where did it keep all this time?

Regards, Valerii

Hello Valerii,

Many thanks for your post, the Type 1 Army Medals were produced by the London Firm Spink and Son for the Government in Exile, this type was awarded to Soldiers of the 1st and 2nd Corps, though some of them from the 2nd Corps purchased Italian made type.

The remaining unissued Monte Cassino Crosses where held by the Polish Government in Exile until the 1980's when they started to sell them to Medal dealers in London, this is probably what happened also to any Army Medals 1st Type that were left unissued.

The only way of obtaining an original is when they come up for sale on auction sites like Ebay & Allegro.

With regards to obtaining the British Awards eg. Stars and Medals, the Stars that are issued from the M-o-D have a much larger suspension ring than the original post war issue's, which again can be bought from Ebay or Medal dealers around the World.

I hope that the above answers your Question's Valerii.

Best wishes

Andrzej

Thanks a lot for your answer Andrzej!

Maybe you also know why the M-o-D employees refers for two strange stores in their replies?

Poland Army Medal for War 1939-1945

I Couldn't find any information about that

Regards, Valerii
    Last edited by ValeriiGajewski; 12-07-2020 at 10:47 PM.

Hello Valerii,

The Polish Bookshop in the P.O.S.K. Centre in Hammersmith has been selling Replacement Ribbons and a selection of Medals for some years now, unfortunately I do not know anything about Dr. J.J. Krasnodębski.

But given that the letter from the M-o-D was dated 2008, 12 years nearly 13 have passed so it might be the case that Dr. Jan J Krasnodębski has passed away.

I am surprised that they do not mention any of the Medal Auction Houses in London or any of the Medal Dealers that have shops in London.

There are a number of medal dealers and auction houses in the UK, that deal with Polish Medals from time to time, it is just a thing of keeping a look out on the internet

Best wishes

Andrzej

Could someone help me out with this question please?

When there is a metal clasp on an Army medal ribbon, was the medal awarded more than once to the same person?
    And what were the conditions here?

Kind regards, and many thanks in advance !

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast