Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Poland - Polish Virtuti Militari 5th Class <> Numbered

Article about: Hello I am very curious about this Virtuti Militari. This seller says its for heroisim during battle for France in 1940. I am looking at a list of numbers and seems to me this number, 7677 w

Default Poland - Polish Virtuti Militari 5th Class <> Numbered

Hello
    I am very curious about this Virtuti Militari. This seller says its for heroisim during battle for France in 1940. I am looking at a list of numbers and seems to me this number, 7677 was awarded in 1920 to Porucznik Tadeusz Stecki of the 3PP Legion. Is this correct?

Poland - Polish Virtuti Militari 5th Class <> Numbered | eBay
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Poland - Polish Virtuti Militari 5th Class &lt;&gt; Numbered  

Default Re: Poland - Polish Virtuti Militari 5th Class <> Numbered

Hi Stanislaw,

You are correct the Silver Cross Virtuti Militari Numbered 7677, was awarded to Porucznik Tadeusz Stecki ( Born in 1895, Killed in Action 10th November 1918) in Wesolowski's book on the recipients of the Virtuti Militari, Stecki is listed as being in the 3 Pulk Piechoty Legion, but alive in 1922. But on his families web site they list him as being in the 8 Pulk Piechoty Legion.

In the Recipients of the Virtuti Militari by Dr Andrzej Suchictz he is listed as Por. sp.Kazimierz Stecki.

I have not had the time as yet to check through the Army Orders to check his details when I have I will post the relevant information.

Best wishes

Andrzejku

Hi Again Stanislaw,

I have just gone through, "Lista Starszenstwa Oficerow Legjonow Polskich (12 Kwietnia 1917) ( Seniority List of Officers of the Polish Legion dated 12th April 1917).

Tadeusz Stecki is listed as a Chorazy 12th October 1914, Podporucznik 1st April 1916, all whilst he was serving with 3ppLeg.

I will see what if any information I can find and will post it A.S.A.P.

Best wishes

Andrzejku

Thank you Andrzejku for confirming that. I wonder why the seller is confused and describes it as from 1940.
    S

Hi Stanislaw,

I have already emailed the seller when I noticed it this morning.

Andrzejku

Would a Second World War issued VM be worth more than a pre war one?
    Stan