Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Polish 1st Armoured Division Patch Cotton - Genuine..??

Article about: Hi, I saw this patch on a website. It's made of cotton judging from the description. Is is genuine Thanks in advance Pete

department27
    ?

Default Polish 1st Armoured Division Patch Cotton - Genuine..??

Hi,

I saw this patch on a website. It's made of cotton judging from the description. Is is genuine

Thanks in advance

Pete
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish 1st Armoured Division Patch Cotton - Genuine..??  

?

Default Re: Polish 1st Armoured Division Patch Cotton - Genuine..??

I'd pass on this one ..

Gary J.

Hi Pete, welcome to the forum!

This is a modern copy.

Cheers, Ade.

There was supposedly a wartime producer of printed insignia of this type by the name of J. Snook located in Nottingham. I have seen several example of what are claimed to be genuine period insignia for the Polish 2nd Corps, although I have yet to encounter any of these insignia applied to a uniform. Posted below are some examples.

I am not saying this 1st Armoured Div isnignia is a Snook product, although there are some distinct similarities.

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish 1st Armoured Division Patch Cotton - Genuine..??   Polish 1st Armoured Division Patch Cotton - Genuine..??  

Polish 1st Armoured Division Patch Cotton - Genuine..??   Polish 1st Armoured Division Patch Cotton - Genuine..??  

Polish 1st Armoured Division Patch Cotton - Genuine..??   Polish 1st Armoured Division Patch Cotton - Genuine..??  

All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Pete,

I’ll also add that if you’re looking for known genuine examples of the 1st Armoured Division “squirrel” (as some have mistakenly called this image of a winged hussar’s helmet) several variants are posted below.

Cheers,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish 1st Armoured Division Patch Cotton - Genuine..??  
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

Not to hijack this thread, but while on the topic of the 1st Armoured Div 'wiewiorka', has anyone ever seen of these with the grey backing? Never seen anything comparable and not sure what to make of it. The stitching looks period correct, and it's the stitching that is often the giveaway with the modern copies.

Fantasy? Legit?

Regards,
    T.

Crossed this one...
    Any toughts?

Polish 1st Armoured Division Patch Cotton - Genuine..??Polish 1st Armoured Division Patch Cotton - Genuine..??Polish 1st Armoured Division Patch Cotton - Genuine..??Polish 1st Armoured Division Patch Cotton - Genuine..??

I would pass on it.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hello guys,

Didn't know where to put this one, so i post it here;
    What do you think guys, another type of badge or bad?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish 1st Armoured Division Patch Cotton - Genuine..??   Polish 1st Armoured Division Patch Cotton - Genuine..??  

?

Quote by Pieter1942 View Post
    Hello guys,

Didn't know where to put this one, so i post it here;
    What do you think guys, another type of badge or bad?
    Nice Bevo style patch made in Belgium

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast