Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Polish 2nd Corps activities after May 1945

Article about: I was talking to a veteran, sadly now passed away, but with a smirk he indicated that he drove he truck with unspecified passengers from southern Germany and Italy to Southern Spain. He woul

Default Polish 2nd Corps activities after May 1945

I was talking to a veteran, sadly now passed away, but with a smirk he indicated that he drove he truck with unspecified passengers from southern Germany and Italy to Southern Spain. He wouldn't elaborate, but I wondered if anybody else has come across any similar stories. I heard somewhere that there was some assistance from the Poles to move some Jews to Israel, but my initial thoughts were that it could have been something to do with the Galician SS.

Polish forces were involved in illegally transporting Jewish Holocaust survivors into Palestine via Italy and in return when the Italians stopped allowing Poles into Italy, Poles were smuggled into the country by Jewish Brigade trucks.

Polish guard units under US command at former KL Dachau were reported as being involved with Skorzeny in the escape of German SS war criminals awaiting trial at the former concentration camp. I assume one of the destinations of the escaping prisoners would have been Spain and most likely they were transported partway on route in Polish marked trucks. Post-war General Anders had close contacts with Franco's fascist Spain as did the Nazi German's of course. Anders wanted a "Catholic Conservative" strategic alliance with Franco in the fight against communist aggression in Europe and the imminent next world war against the USSR, or so he believed at the time.

The US were engaged in building up an anti-communist guerrilla army in Europe consisting of mainly rightwing "nationalists" many of whom were from former eastern SS divisions under the guise of US Guard units. The Guard units of course included Poles from the NSZ in Allied occupied Germany as well as Polish DPs and freed forced labourers.

This is still a little researched subject.
    Last edited by StefanM; 11-17-2014 at 09:29 AM.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Interesting stuff for sure.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

From my previous WRF post which might be of interest:

British MI5 file released into the public domain in September 2011 a fascinating reference to the "Polish Brigade" 1945 linked to the German Intelligence Service (G.I.S) plans to set up an intelligence network which included former German FATs and FAKs personnel as well as SD members to maintain contacts with Ukrainian Underground and Polish Brigade!

LAB, SERV, COMP, (RAMP, GUARD) Polska Kompania Wartownicza

Polish Provisional Brigade were formed directly out of the NSZ.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.