Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Polish 2nd Corps Battledress

Article about: Hello all, I am a long time lurker, first time poster. Recently, I have acquired this Battledress. From the research I have done, it appears to be a 2nd Corps battledress from an anti-tank u

hamerykon
    ?

Default Polish 2nd Corps Battledress

Hello all,

I am a long time lurker, first time poster.

Recently, I have acquired this Battledress. From the research I have done, it appears to be a 2nd Corps battledress from an anti-tank unit. I could not pinpoint exactly which exact unit. Any help in tracking down the unit would be greatly appreciated.

I have several concerns about the battledress. First of all, being a 2nd Lt Battledress, it lacks any Polish modifications. Second, it also does not have the Eight Army patch. Also, one of the collars seems to have been chewed on by some kind of a critter.

Let me know, what you think. Is this a fantasy piece, or a real deal?

Polish 2nd Corps BattledressPolish 2nd Corps BattledressPolish 2nd Corps BattledressPolish 2nd Corps BattledressPolish 2nd Corps BattledressPolish 2nd Corps Battledress

Sorry i can't help you but welcome to the forum!...

Welcome to the forum!

My impression is that it is a post war put together.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Have to agree with Ade on this one.
    The collar pennants look especially "awkward" in the way they have been positioned.

Gary J.

The difficulty is determining who put it together and when.

It is not as if a serviceman only wore one BD throughout his service and not every demobbed serviceman kept his original "end of war" kit so this could have been put together by a vet in later years, this is not unheard of. It can equally have been put together for sale, but without much attention to detail. Those enlisted in the Polish Resettlement Corps had to wear uniforms lacking most Polish insignia so as not to appear to the Soviets as a mercenary army of the British. IMO the attached insignia look ok in themselves.

If you wanted a totally "original" fully detailed BD this is not it and hopefully you did not have to pay too much for it.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Hello hamerykon, sorry for the less than encouraging comments on your newly acquired BD. I must echo the knowledgeable opinions posted. This has every characteristic of a put together piece. The question remains whether this was legitimately created by a veteran or if simply another of the many mock-ups thrown out onto the market for a quick buck. Unfortunately the latter is far more common than the former, and that is the direction I am leaning in this instance.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne