Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Polish 4th armoured regiment collar badge find

Article about: just thought I would share a metal detecting find from a former training area in southern England - a rather nice Polish 4th Armoured Regiment "Skorpians" collar badge. I can find

Default Polish 4th armoured regiment collar badge find

just thought I would share a metal detecting find from a former training area in southern England - a rather nice Polish 4th Armoured Regiment "Skorpians" collar badge. I can find no record of them training in this area as was used predominantly by the Canadians, and have found noting else relating to the Poles, but clearly at least some of them were here.

Polish 4th armoured regiment collar badge findPolish 4th armoured regiment collar badge find

Hello Harry, nice find. It cleaned up rather well. I’ve seen quite a few that never spent any time in the soil with much less surviving paint. Thanks for sharing your find with us .

If you check a bit further through any extant records you may find that there was a camp in this area immediately post-war where soldiers of the Polish 2nd Corps arriving from Italy in 1946/47 were housed.

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Hello Everyone,

Whilst searching the web for the PRC I came across this site which you might find interesting

Best wishes

Andrzej