Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Polish Air Force Badges Opinions

Article about: Hi, I recently acquire the following Polish Air Force badges: - Flight Mechanic wing measuring 36mm by 65mm - 301 Squadron badge measuring 40mm in diameter - 316 Squadron badge measuring 19m

?

Default Polish Air Force Badges Opinions

Hi,

I recently acquire the following Polish Air Force badges:

- Flight Mechanic wing measuring 36mm by 65mm
    - 301 Squadron badge measuring 40mm in diameter
    - 316 Squadron badge measuring 19mm by 23mm

and I would like to know if all are W.W.2 original.

Regards, Michel

?

Anyone ?

Hi Michel,

The mechanic's wing appears genuine. The 301st is a copy. The 316th fighter squadron stands a good chance of being genuine.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

Hi Tony,

Thank you for your help, could you explain me why the 301 is a copy, do have an original so I could compare it with mine.

Regards, Michel

Hi Michel,

Original issue 301st Polish Bomber Squadron badges had a die struck relief on the reverse, not smooth like your example. Genuine badges were not stamped with the country of origin. The threaded post is wrong as well. The Picchiani & Barlacchi spinner looks like a copy, and these are found on all sorts of badges masquerading as genuine Italian made products. I’m away from my reference archives so will need to post a photo for you later.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

Hi again Michel,

Here's a genuine example. Die struck in tombac (alloy of 70 to 92 percent copper with zinc and sometimes tin and/or other metals) and then silver plated. 30mm diameter. The backing plate and spinner may not be original to this badge.

Regards,
    Tony

Postscript - this is very likely the same copy. This seller has various copies of air force badges for sale. The seller notes that the badge marked Italy on the reverse, which again was not found on genuine badges.

Regards,
    Tony

?

HI Tony,

Again thank you for your help, it is greatly appreciated.

Regards, Michel

?

You can find “Italy” on the reverse of other copies including copies of the 2nd Corps Artillery Group badge as well. Hard to say what the mark “Italy” stands for. Perhaps to dupe buyers, or to warn them. It always is a red flag.

Best,
    Kosa.

?

Quote by kosa View Post
    You can find “Italy” on the reverse of other copies including copies of the 2nd Corps Artillery Group badge as well. Hard to say what the mark “Italy” stands for. Perhaps to dupe buyers, or to warn them. It always is a red flag.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast