Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Polish Airborne P-Panc Walking out BD

Article about: Ok .. Following Ade's lead .. Here's a 1st Independent Polish Parachute Brigade "Walking out BD". .. It sports the 2nd pattern collars, as well as an unofficial "Anti-Tank&quo

?

Default Polish Airborne P-Panc Walking out BD

Ok .. Following Ade's lead ..
    Here's a 1st Independent Polish Parachute Brigade "Walking out BD".

.. It sports the 2nd pattern collars, as well as an unofficial "Anti-Tank" lanyard.
    The Combat wing is a copy, as I do not have in this case the original. (The BD however showed clear signs of where the original combat badge "seated" into the material, .. and thus this BD belonged to an Arnhem Veteran of the 1SBS.)
    Also note the "repleated / retayloring" of the BD .

G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Airborne P-Panc Walking out BD   Polish Airborne P-Panc Walking out BD  

Polish Airborne P-Panc Walking out BD   Polish Airborne P-Panc Walking out BD  

Default Re: Polish Airborne P-Panc Walking out BD

Fantastic stuff! Love it!

The Free Polish Forces in the UK were renouned for their smart turnout and military bearing. The heavy tailoring done to this BD blouse is typical in their efforts to look smart while wearing Battledress.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Thanks Ade ...
    For once, this BD is the real deal !!!!!
    I've seen far too many mock-ups of 1SBS BD's .... but the source of this one was more or less direct to the Veteran ... even though the third party did not get his name !!!
    (I've narrowed it down to three members of the anti-tank company ... but they have all passed away !!! )

G.

What a wonderful battle dress. I have always wanted to find a nice Polish Airborne battle dress and the jump wings with wreath and jump book. I guess I will have to keep dreaming as I have never found any.

Congratulations!!!!

Bob Hritz

Awesome! Now there's a real beauty. One of the very rare survivors. Congrats on acquiring what surely must be one of the cornerstones of your collection. Well done, and thanks for sharing the pics!

Regards,
    Tony

?

Thanks for the replies chaps ...

Bob, you mention the jump wings ...

Well, here's my late fathers wings with paybook and jump certificate (signed on both pages by General Sosabowski.)

G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Airborne P-Panc Walking out BD  

Gary, thanks for sharing, once again.

Any chance these items are for sale???

Best regards,
    T.

?

Well Tony ... I think you already know the answer ..

But out of further interest .... a few more rare birds

G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Airborne P-Panc Walking out BD  

?

And .. a photo taken in the Driel schoolhouse during the Battle of Arnhem ..
    The Paratrooper at the desk looking at the camera .. is my late father !

G.
    Attached Images Attached Images Polish Airborne P-Panc Walking out BD 

Quote by Polski44 View Post
    Well Tony ... I think you already know the answer ..

But out of further interest .... a few more rare birds

G.

Gary,

Even though you are breaking my heart, with these wonderful jump wings, I really appreciate your sharing them with us. It is great to see originals in an ocean of fakes.

Bob Hritz