Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Polish Artillery Badges/Patches/shoulder titles,etc,etc

Article about: Hello, The arm badge of the 1rst anti-aircraft regiment (Exaard town honorary insignia) Best regards. Ze-Pole

Default Re: Polish Artillery Badges/Patches/shoulder titles,etc,etc

Hello,
    The arm badge of the 1rst anti-aircraft regiment (Exaard town honorary insignia)

Best regards.
    Ze-Pole

OK, finally a moment to wrap up with the 1st Polish Light Anti-Aircraft Artillery Regiment. First up is a photo showing a wonderful 1940 pattern BD tunic that belonged to a Sierżant Kamiński. The Exaard honourary insignia (Bevo weave type posted earlier by Stephane) is visible on the right arm just below the printed ‘canvas’ type shoulder titles:

The breast pockets have false box pleats applied, often done to dress up one’s best BD"

The metal bullion type rank striping found on the shoulder straps - two slightly diferent types:

Here’s an officer's SD tunic:

Collar pennons:

Regimental badge made by Altenloh of Brussels. This one was issued to Józef Andrejczuk:

Polish Artillery Badges/Patches/shoulder titles,etc,etcPolish Artillery Badges/Patches/shoulder titles,etc,etc

Regards,
    Tony

All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Nice items

?

Polish Artillery Badges/Patches/shoulder titles,etc,etcPolish Artillery Badges/Patches/shoulder titles,etc,etcPolish Artillery Badges/Patches/shoulder titles,etc,etcPolish Artillery Badges/Patches/shoulder titles,etc,etcPolish Artillery Badges/Patches/shoulder titles,etc,etcPolish Artillery Badges/Patches/shoulder titles,etc,etcPolish Artillery Badges/Patches/shoulder titles,etc,etcPolish Artillery Badges/Patches/shoulder titles,etc,etcPolish Artillery Badges/Patches/shoulder titles,etc,etcPolish Artillery Badges/Patches/shoulder titles,etc,etcPolish Artillery Badges/Patches/shoulder titles,etc,etcPolish Artillery Badges/Patches/shoulder titles,etc,etcPolish Artillery Badges/Patches/shoulder titles,etc,etcPolish Artillery Badges/Patches/shoulder titles,etc,etcPolish Artillery Badges/Patches/shoulder titles,etc,etcPolish Artillery Badges/Patches/shoulder titles,etc,etcPolish Artillery Badges/Patches/shoulder titles,etc,etcPolish Artillery Badges/Patches/shoulder titles,etc,etcPolish Artillery Badges/Patches/shoulder titles,etc,etcI have posted these on another thread,but just in case you missed them. My uncle Peters stuff.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Artillery Badges/Patches/shoulder titles,etc,etc  

?

Offiziers Totenkopf Husaren Regiment Nr.17 Braunschweig badge or polish Death's Battery metal badge – coincidence by chance? I don’t think so.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Artillery Badges/Patches/shoulder titles,etc,etc  
    Attached Images Attached Images Polish Artillery Badges/Patches/shoulder titles,etc,etc 

Hi Chris, I agree that this and other similar skull imagery used by various units in WW1 (Polish, German and likely others) may have been influential.

Back to the topic at hand, here's a nice image I came across from the Men-At-Arms Series #238 showing a Polish Lieutenant of the 1st Motorized Artillery Regiment in full Service Dress. Visible just below the the right side Poland shoulder title is the "Death's Battery" insignia. The caption states the location and date as "Breda, Netherlands - February 1945"

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

Quote by civil View Post
    Offiziers Totenkopf Husaren Regiment Nr.17 Braunschweig badge or polish Death's Battery metal badge – coincidence by chance? I don’t think so.

... The 17th Duke of Cambridge's Own Lancers (nicknamed "Death or Glory Boys") of the British Army adopted the "skull" badge in 1795 which today is still worn by The Queen's Royal Lancers

Cap badge

Collar badge

.....In 1922 the 17th was amalgamated with the 21st Lancers (Empress of India's) to form the 17th/21st Lancers. This regiment was amalgamated with the 16th/5th Queen's Royal Lancers in 1993 to form the Queen's Royal Lancers a serving armoured regiment today based in Catterick, England.

Queen's Royal Lancers dress cap

Queen's Royal Lancers blazer badge

Apologies to all for sidetracking the Polish Artillery thread...briefly
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

?

I don’t mean Offiziers Totenkopf Husaren Regiment Nr.17 Braunschweig badge and polish Death's Battery metal badge are similar or first had influence for other’s origin. These are exactly the same badge. Made by the same die (matrix) in some german factory or workshop.

Quote by civil View Post
    I don’t mean Offiziers Totenkopf Husaren Regiment Nr.17 Braunschweig badge and polish Death's Battery metal badge are similar or first had influence for other’s origin. These are exactly the same badge. Made by the same die (matrix) in some german factory or workshop.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Quote by civil View Post
    Chris, Is the badge that you pictured in your post #15 attributed to the Offiziers Totenkopf Husaren Regiment Nr.17 Braunschweig?

Regards,
    Tony

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast