Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Polish cap insignia & div sign

Article about: Any ideas on this polish insignia,i know the div sign,1st armoured and the lieutenant colonels cap insignia but cant see why they are both embroided onto a airborne coloured maroon backing.I

Default Polish cap insignia & div sign

Any ideas on this polish insignia,i know the div sign,1st armoured and the lieutenant colonels cap insignia but cant see why they are both embroided onto a airborne coloured maroon backing.It measures 17 cm by 6 cm.found in an old sewing box at a car boot sale...any help much appreciated
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish cap insignia & div sign   Polish cap insignia & div sign  

Polish cap insignia & div sign   Polish cap insignia & div sign  

Default Re: Polish cap insignia & div sign

Hello!

Looks very interesting. In my opinion it's some kind of souvenir or something like that.

Eagles on red background was an eagles of "koło członkiń opieki nad żołnierzami" (sorry but i don't know how to say it in english), but 1st armoured division? No idea except souvenir.

Regards

3mk
    ?

Default Re: Polish cap insignia & div sign

I agree with what Michealmag said,Still a nice piece to have though