Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Polish + czech + ?

Article about: Can any Forum member identify these items, in particular the small size Polish eagle. The pin on this seems to be original and not a replacement for lugs etc. I assume the ring would have be

mjw
    ?

Default Polish + czech + ?

Can any Forum member identify these items, in particular the small size Polish eagle. The pin on this seems to be original and not a replacement for lugs etc.

I assume the ring would have belonged to female due to its very small size.

Kind regards, Malcolm.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish + czech + ?  

Default Re: Polish + czech + ?

Quote by mjw View Post
    Can any Forum member identify these items, in particular the small size Polish eagle . . .
    Hello Malcolm,

The eagle a standard WW2 issue small pattern cap badge used by the exile armed forces in the west. This smaller pattern was typically used on berets and FS caps. Gaunt & Son, London was the most prolific maker of this white metal version, although it was produced by others as well. You can find more information in the sticky thread here:

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/polis...p-eagles-1980/

The ring and pin are two examples of countless such patriotic items. As far as the Czech badge I cannot comment too much other than say that ones that I have seen are die stamped in brass and are of a very high quality. This one almost looks like a cast replica. But I’ll defer judgment to someone who has knowledge in Czech WW2 militaria.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

mjw
    ?

Hello Tony,

Thank you very much for your help. I am pleased that it has turned out to be a cap badge and not a sweetheart item.

Regarding the Czech badge. It is die struck and not cast. I have enclosed a pic of the reverse for your interest.

Kind regards, Malcolm.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish + czech + ?  

Thanks for the added pics Malcolm. The Polish hat eagle badge looks like a nice genuine piece. This pinback fastening is one of the methods used by Gaunt.

The Czech badge looks better in the reverse view than the obverse view posted earlier. Digital photography / scanning doesn’t always result in a distortion free image allowing for easy scrutiny of the item, and the badge details seemed to looked a bit washed out.

About two years ago on another forum on this site I posted one of these, but stamped in brass, on behalf of a friend to obtain some more information. So if you're interested in getting additional details you can try to dig further. I must say that these along with many of the Czech exile badges are very attractively designed.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

mjw
    ?

Hello Tony,

Thanks for the comments.

I took the pics on my scanner which often does strange things with anything 'silver'.

Will look at the other thread as suggested.

Kind regards, Malcolm.

Malcolm, I took a quick look for it, but the site layout has undergone some major changes since then and I don’t know quiet where it would now be found. For what its worth I do believe that the title of the thread included the words “Czech Badge”. Good luck!

Cheers,
    Tony