Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

polish database, help needed

Article about: Hello may I have more information about a polish soldier ( 1st Polish Corps) name: GORALIK JAN army number: 32746/89/I thanks for answers cordially Didier

Default Re: polish database, help needed

Thanks Tony... very informative as always
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

?

Correction
    these badges have been sold for the last five years between $180 to $600. Issued badges being much rarer, fetch a premium, and the last issued one seen to have sold, not so long ago, went for $400
    best

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    Hi Stefan,

As far as value, I have seen these sell for upwards of $250 back about 5 years ago when the market was reaching its peak. It might see $150 - $200 in today’s softer market.

Quote by dorava View Post
    Correction
    these badges have been sold for the last five years between $180 to $600. Issued badges being much rarer, fetch a premium, and the last issued one seen to have sold, not so long ago, went for $400
    best
    Thanks guys, it gives me a ball park number to make my trade

Sorry for being unclear. My estimate for the market value Stefan’s badge was for unissued ones, as per the context of my post. I pointed out that his badge was in the unissued serial number range, as with most of the 9BSF’s that pop up on the market. No doubt, issued badges definitely fetch a premium. Most unissued badges I’ve observed over the past few years have struggled to break $200. I sold an extra I had for $140. Maybe I sold too cheap ??

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    Sorry for being unclear. My estimate for the market value Stefan’s badge was for unissued ones, as per the context of my post. I pointed out that his badge was in the unissued serial number range, as with most of the 9BSF’s that pop up on the market. No doubt, issued badges definitely fetch a premium. Most unissued badges I’ve observed over the past few years have struggled to break $200. I sold an extra I had for $140. Maybe I sold too cheap ??

Regards,
    Tony
    Please excuse my ignorance, but why would an unissued badge have a serial number assigned/engraved?

I am going to ask for a trade value of $180 which I hope is a fair one. I am much more comfortable with my valuing of photos than with badges/insignia so appreciate the guidance from yourself and dorava

?

Not a precise science, but I would not part with one for less than $200, and would really seek more than that. There was a time they were selling for about $300. The unissued version of the badge was plentiful some years ago, but they are getting harder to find. The issued version should be worth quite a bit more, one I saw went for $600.
    cheers

Quote by 4thskorpion View Post
    . . . why would an unissued badge have a serial number assigned/engraved?
    Hi Stefan,

I can’t explain the manual engraving on yours, but the 9BSF badges were serial numbered at time of manufactture. This seems to be standard practice for most numbered badges and also with the Monte Cassino Cross. The number would typically be recorded at time of awarding to an individual.

I think the real question is why the 9BSF badges were awarded in the number blocks they were, stopping at 1021, leaving several thousand sitting, and then restarting at 1515.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Default 9BSF Badge

Mat I have some information about first owner nr. 72 badge 9BSF ?
    Last edited by Dawid Chabowski; 07-23-2017 at 10:59 PM. Reason: Shortage of number

Hello,
    It would seem it was to Antoni GILA.
    Best regards.
    ZP

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2