MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Polish Exile Cap Badge

Article about: Hi. I have been looking at the thread pertaining to this badge and my badge looks very similar to Marcin's one in post #19, photo 17. Please tell me what you think. Thank you. Tom

Default Polish Exile Cap Badge

Hi. I have been looking at the thread pertaining to this badge
    and my badge looks very similar to Marcin's one in post #19, photo 17. Please tell me what you think. Thank you.
    Tom
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Exile Cap Badge   Polish Exile Cap Badge  

Attached Images Attached Images Polish Exile Cap Badge 

3mk
    ?

Default Re: Polish Exile Cap Badge

Hey Tom,
    Im no expert in these so I think you should wait for the Exile guys to see this, But Ill give you my opinion anyway.

Most (I think) of these badges were stamped and showed details on the back but yours looks to be casted and is very smooth showing little detail on the back.The amazon shield looks odd but then again, I havent seen every pattern of these badges made.

It might be a field made eagle which were common with Poles in the Middle East,Africa and Italy.

But like I said Its better off not to listen to me and wait for the Exile guys

Regards
    Emil

P.s Its good to see a new poster in the Polish section

Thanks Emil. I can tell you that whatever it's made of, it's pretty tough because I cannot bend it easily at all.
    Tom

3mk
    ?

Thats a good sign

?

Tom,
    Looks like a good "Middle East" cast brass, then flash plated or silvered front cap badge.

And, as a side note, Poles from the Middle Eastern Theatre of war who were transferred to Britain, normally were shipped out stopping at Durban ... which might how the badge ended up in SA.

Regards

Gary J.

Thanks Gary. I saw this in an antique shop last week and went to fetch it today after having checked this site first.
    Tom