Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Polish Exile helmet Eagles

Article about: Tony, Thanks for posting that photo, ... I have seen it before when I believe Rafal N. owned one similar. This again is yet another confirmed variant connected to the Parachute Brigade. This

Default Re: Polish Exile helmet Eagles

Thanks Tony

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    Mick is questioning why someone would paint this eagle onto this helmet, if it is indeed a fake. Regards,
    Tony
    OK.
    I woudl answer "to make money" all simply.
    ZP

Thankfully i didnt pay too much for it
    Its a good Australian MkII though.
    Mick

Mr Putski,

If at all possible it would be most helpful to see close up pictures that illustrate the texture characteristics you describe.

Regards,
    Tony
    I will see what I can do but I don't think my camera can get close enough.....

Mr Putski,

Here’s a helmet picture from my archives with an eagle possessing colour variations that may be illustrating what you are describing.

Regards,
    Tony
    That may very well be the case, Tony. I would really like to examine that helmet in person. Most often, the color differences are not quite so large and noticeable; often it takes magnification to see them at all, but they are clearly evident when they are present.

Quote by IvanPutski View Post
    I will see what I can do but I don't think my camera can get close enough.....
    Thanks Ivan. You’ll need to set your camera to the macro setting, but more importantly it needs to be good high res camera. With digital cameras it’s more a function ‘pixel power’ than how close you get to the object. For this task I’d suggest 7MP min. If you’ve got the gear be sure to take the pictures on a sunny day with the sun at a perpendicular angle to the eagle to highlight the relief and you should be able to get good results. Thanks in advance for your efforts mighty Putski.

As an aside, and for your viewing pleasure, here’s one that sold earlier today:

Cheers,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Exile helmet Eagles  
    Attached Images Attached Images Polish Exile helmet Eagles  Polish Exile helmet Eagles  Polish Exile helmet Eagles  Polish Exile helmet Eagles  Polish Exile helmet Eagles  Polish Exile helmet Eagles  Polish Exile helmet Eagles  Polish Exile helmet Eagles  Polish Exile helmet Eagles  Polish Exile helmet Eagles 
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Nice!

Here's my only MkII helmet with a painted Polish eagle: main problem is that the eagle is facing the wrong way!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Exile helmet Eagles   Polish Exile helmet Eagles  

Polish Exile helmet Eagles   Polish Exile helmet Eagles  

No replies? should I assume this Mk II and eagle are 100% genuine?

Hi Loupie,

Aside from what apears to be an even wear of the helmet surface all I can say is that I have never seen the eagle applied over an oval 'base' of a different colour paint. The closest to this would be the SBSK helmets where a white eagle was painted over a red background in the shape of a shield. I'll add that the eagle facing in the 'direction of Russia' is also unusual. Inadvertent stencil application slip up, or maybe intended?? Sorry I can't offer any more.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast