Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Polish Exile helmet Eagles

Article about: Tony, Thanks for posting that photo, ... I have seen it before when I believe Rafal N. owned one similar. This again is yet another confirmed variant connected to the Parachute Brigade. This

Default Re: Polish Exile helmet Eagles

Other less common patterns:

Polish Exile helmet EaglesPolish Exile helmet Eagles

Here's another piece that the forum members might find of interest.
    2 Corps MP motorcycle dispatch rider helmet.
    These eagles also exhibit some variation; see the period pics.

Polish Exile helmet EaglesPolish Exile helmet EaglesPolish Exile helmet EaglesPolish Exile helmet EaglesPolish Exile helmet EaglesPolish Exile helmet Eagles

Just to breathe some new life into a stale thread:

Here is a 12th Ulan Regiment Tommy helmet. What is interesting about this one is that it is of South African manufacture. This particular example does not seem to have ever worn the tan South African paint (it is painted inside and out in dark olive green, with exposed surfaces textured for added camouflage), and it has a standard British liner as opposed to the South African manufactured kind.

Polish Exile helmet EaglesPolish Exile helmet EaglesPolish Exile helmet EaglesPolish Exile helmet Eagles

Beautiful example Ivan. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

My M26 French helmet with polish eagle.

And one of my MK II wit polish eagle. Currently on ebay because of my study time

Default Camouflage finishes

Here is an interesting Polish 2nd Corps helmet. It has a reddish-brown, heavily applied camouflage finish, (which is redder in person than these photos show), covering the entire exterior of the helmet, except for what looks like a hand painted (i.e., not stenciled) Polish eagle, which pre-dates the camouflage job and which has been painted around. I was wondering if other Forum members have examples of Polish camouflage helmets that they care to share.. I do not mean textured overpaints (that obviously have a camouflaging effect) as we have seen pictured elsewhere in this thread, but helmets of unusual local coloration, or with multiple colors or designs. Thanks.- [Polish Exile helmet Eagles. ATTACH=CONFIG]548219[/ATTACH]
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Exile helmet Eagles  

Polish Exile helmet EaglesHere's another one with a camo finish. It's a 1st Corps steel helmet for armored troops, fist type. It is finished in a green and tan subdued camouflage scheme.

Polish Exile helmet Eagles
    Last edited by IvanPutski; 08-03-2013 at 05:30 PM.

p37
    ?

What do you think about this eagle?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Exile helmet Eagles   Polish Exile helmet Eagles  

Polish Exile helmet Eagles   Polish Exile helmet Eagles  

polishpara
    ?

Can anyone that has the helmet with this particular design take some measurements for me? I want to paint this the proper way on my reproduction helmet for reenacting, but I actually want to paint the exact size, rather that guesstimate it. Thanks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Exile helmet Eagles  

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast