Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Polish Flag, 1945 dated

Article about: An uncommon piece of equipment, some Polish flag for ceremonial use, 4 x 2 feet, made by R.D.S. (?) quite obviously dated 45. Worth noticing the caption "Poland" and the cross show

Default Polish Flag, 1945 dated

An uncommon piece of equipment, some Polish flag for ceremonial use, 4 x 2 feet, made by R.D.S. (?) quite obviously dated 45. Worth noticing the caption "Poland" and the cross showing the way the flag should be hoisted.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Flag, 1945 dated   Polish Flag, 1945 dated  

Polish Flag, 1945 dated   Polish Flag, 1945 dated  

do the polish write Poland in English?.

Perhaps this is for the polish army in exile?

MAP
    ?

And would a Polish flag be produced in Poland in '45 given the occupation? (I'm not sure which is why I'm posing it as a question.)
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Flags of many nations were manufactured in the UK, including TR period German flags, so no problem with a Polish flag being made here.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by MAP View Post
    And would a Polish flag be produced in Poland in '45 given the occupation? (I'm not sure which is why I'm posing it as a question.)
    Absolutely. The Soviets were adept at playing to the emotions of the newly “liberated” Poles by trotting out any and all patriotic devices. Meanwhile they embarked on a ruthless campaign of weeding out all surviving elements of resistance to their rule.

"Together to Victory"
    Polish Flag, 1945 dated

Polish Flag, 1945 dated

Polish Flag, 1945 dated

However, as stated by Panzersaurus and Anon, this is a flag produced outside Poland.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

No doubt as it being a flag produced outside Poland, but - by the by - were BD blouses produced in Poland? Or KD uniforms? You seem to forget that both II Korpus and I Korpus (Inwazyjny) were Armies in exile, almost ALL equipment of which was provided by the Britons, included flags.... I have got serious doubts that Polish flags waving in 1945 on the Italian or NW Europe front would have been produce in Poland, 1939 or earlier....

Quote by Anon View Post
    Flags of many nations were manufactured in the UK, including TR period German flags, so no problem with a Polish flag being made here.
    I agree

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    do the polish write Poland in English?.
    No, they do not: they write "Polska"... but how do you write "Battledress, Blouse" in Polish? Was the II Polski Korpus (or Pierwszy Inwazyjny) supplied by the British Army or not? Were they armed with Polish Mausers or Lee Enfields? :-)

Quote by Loupie1961 View Post
    . . . they write "Polska"...
    The correct way to say this is they write "po polsku".

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast