Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 36 of 45 FirstFirst ... 26 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... LastLast

Polish Forced Labour (Zwangsarbeiter/Fremdarbeiter) collection

Article about: by A.J. Zawadzki Hi Stefan, yes, very perceptive of you. Definitely the efforts of a left leaning group. You'll quickly spot the less-than-subtle hammer and scythe imagery on the cover: Atta

A recent photo find: Poles waiting in line to register at the Arbeitsamt (Labour/Employment exchange) urzad pracy dienststelle Kalisch (in Kalisz).

Shortly after the German occupation all working-age Polish men were compelled to register with their local German Labour office to work for the Reich. Failure to register could mean being sent to a concentration camp.

Last edited by StefanM; 01-04-2014 at 05:04 PM.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Nice find Stefan! I'd very much like to find an image of the Arbeitsamt Kielce where my father was forcibly registered. This has become a great thread. Best wishes in your continued research

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Thanks Tony, Will keep a look out for a photo Arbeitsamt Kielce.

New for 2014:

Above: Having registered for work at the local Arbeitsamt (Labour/Employment exchange) urzad pracy dienststelle Kalisch (Kalisz, Poland ) the men received a Work Registraion document (below) which recorded all of the workers details and those of the firm or organisation the worker was to be employed.

In this case Maximilian Kwasny was registered on 3 July 1941 to work at TABAK WERK 2 WARSCHAU (Kalisch) - Tobacco Factory 2 Warsaw (Kalisz).

I am not sure but I think "Tobacco Factory 2 Warsaw" might have been the "Kammlet" tobacco factory as I discovered that "Noblesse" is mentioned as "Wytwórnia Warszawska 1" which could be translated as Warsaw Factory No. 1?

Caption for Below: Wytwórnia Warszawska 1- Polskiego Monopolu Tytoniowego, dawna fabryka tabaczna "Noblesse" at Pawia ul. 57 (or Polish Tobacco Monopoly or former tobacco factory "Noblesse").

Last edited by StefanM; 01-18-2014 at 12:52 PM.

Above: A "Police Registration" document issued 7.12.1944 in Kielce, central Poland for a worker sent to Duisberg-Hamborn, Germany. His address in the Reich is given as:- Gemeinschaftslager "Marat", Franz-Lenze-Str., Duisburg-Hamborn.

Duisburg was a major center of the chemical, steel and metallurgical industry and was extensively bombed by the allies during WWII.
    Last edited by StefanM; 05-04-2014 at 08:10 AM.

?

Post 355 is very interesting and well put together, thank you Stefan.

Default Ausweis

Polish Forced Labour (Zwangsarbeiter/Fremdarbeiter) collectionPolish Forced Labour (Zwangsarbeiter/Fremdarbeiter) collection

A group of Polish workers pose outside their workplace many wearing leather or rubberised aprons—Hamburg 1941.

Only one woman is seen wearing the "P" patch who maybe is a new placement as she is seen holding a small cloth-wrapped bundle and has a small hand-bag.

[QUOTE=StefanM;1106948]A group of Polish workers pose outside their workplace many wearing leather or rubberised aprons—Hamburg 1941.

Only one woman is seen wearing the "P" patch who maybe is a new placement as she is seen holding a small cloth-wrapped bundle and has a small hand-bag.

Stefan see that in most of these women are in protective coats. Is it somehow signed this photograph?

Page 36 of 45 FirstFirst ... 26 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... LastLast