Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 37 of 45 FirstFirst ... 27 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... LastLast

Polish Forced Labour (Zwangsarbeiter/Fremdarbeiter) collection

Article about: by A.J. Zawadzki Hi Stefan, yes, very perceptive of you. Definitely the efforts of a left leaning group. You'll quickly spot the less-than-subtle hammer and scythe imagery on the cover: Atta

Quote by Podlesny Norbert View Post
    Quote by StefanM View Post
    A group of Polish workers pose outside their workplace many wearing leather or rubberised aprons—Hamburg 1941.

Attachment 640638

Only one woman is seen wearing the "P" patch who maybe is a new placement as she is seen holding a small cloth-wrapped bundle and has a small hand-bag.
    Stefan see that in most of these women are in protective coats. Is it somehow signed this photograph?
    The caption only says "Hamburg IV 1941"
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

I love this type of ausweis :-) You have more ?

I have similar but with " P "
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Forced Labour (Zwangsarbeiter/Fremdarbeiter) collection   Polish Forced Labour (Zwangsarbeiter/Fremdarbeiter) collection  

Quote by Podlesny Norbert View Post
    I have similar but with " P "
    This is a very nice Junkers ausweis...thank you for adding it to the thread!

Few more ausweis
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Forced Labour (Zwangsarbeiter/Fremdarbeiter) collection   Polish Forced Labour (Zwangsarbeiter/Fremdarbeiter) collection  

Polish Forced Labour (Zwangsarbeiter/Fremdarbeiter) collection   Polish Forced Labour (Zwangsarbeiter/Fremdarbeiter) collection  

Polish Forced Labour (Zwangsarbeiter/Fremdarbeiter) collection   Polish Forced Labour (Zwangsarbeiter/Fremdarbeiter) collection  

Attached Images Attached Images Polish Forced Labour (Zwangsarbeiter/Fremdarbeiter) collection 

No problem Stefan , I have hundreds of documents like this , such as I will have free time I will insert something on this page.

Thanks to Tony .... a newly added Werkausweis for Deutsche Waffen und Munitionsfabriken (DWM) in Poznań.

This Werkausweis was issued to an Buchhalter (accountant book-keeper) and is made from card presumably because this was an office job and less likely to get torn or soiled unlike the factory floor workers whose identity document was made of cloth (see below) which was more hard wearing and less prone to tearing.

From 1940 to 1945, the Quandt family factories- AFA and Deutsche Waffen-und Munitionsfabriken- were staffed with more than 50,000 forced civilian laborers, prisoners of war and concentration camp workers, according to Scholtyseck's 1,183-page study. The film, "The Silence of the Quandts", took a critical look at their wartime activities. After denazification hearings in 1948, no repercussions followed.
    Last edited by StefanM; 02-13-2014 at 01:32 PM.

A recent addition of a family group:

A few recent additions to the letter "P" image library:

A few more recent additions to the photo archive:

Page 37 of 45 FirstFirst ... 27 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... LastLast