Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast

Polish Forced Labour (Zwangsarbeiter/Fremdarbeiter) collection

Article about: by A.J. Zawadzki Hi Stefan, yes, very perceptive of you. Definitely the efforts of a left leaning group. You'll quickly spot the less-than-subtle hammer and scythe imagery on the cover: Atta

Default re: Polish Forced Labour (Zwangsarbeiter/Fremdarbeiter) collection

Thanks for posting this.

Cheers, Ade.

I second that Ade. Thanks for these interesting posts Stefan. The Alfons Juraszek account contains striking parallels to my father’s experience as a farm slave. If you don’t mind, I’ll print these off for him to read this weekend.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

An unusual Polish political prisoner patch. The letter "P" is cut from a thin black rubber substrate and stitched through the red cloth backing which is roughly folded and sewn together to form the triangle shape.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Forced Labour (Zwangsarbeiter/Fremdarbeiter) collection  
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

A 1942 studio portrait with caption on the reverse of the photo hoping their family back in Poland are well and not to worry about them.

The boys were deported to work at the HASAG (Hugo Schneider Aktiengesellschaft) factory in Leipzig, Germany. Note, in addition to the <P> patch they are both wearing the HASAG factory badge.

I have not seen this particular HASAG badge before and would like add one to my collection if anyone comes accross an example
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Forced Labour (Zwangsarbeiter/Fremdarbeiter) collection   Polish Forced Labour (Zwangsarbeiter/Fremdarbeiter) collection  

Another new addition—Dated August 1943.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Forced Labour (Zwangsarbeiter/Fremdarbeiter) collection  

And one more. Dated 1941.

Nice additions Stefan! Congratulations

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

Just some items.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Forced Labour (Zwangsarbeiter/Fremdarbeiter) collection   Polish Forced Labour (Zwangsarbeiter/Fremdarbeiter) collection  

Polish Forced Labour (Zwangsarbeiter/Fremdarbeiter) collection  
    Attached Images Attached Images Polish Forced Labour (Zwangsarbeiter/Fremdarbeiter) collection 

Quote by reidii View Post
    Just some items.
    Thank you for sharing your Sachsenhausen-Oranienburg group

My grandmother was amongst hundreds of female prisoners transported from KL-Ravensbrück to the Arbeitslager (labour camp) Genthin at KL-Sachsenhausen on 29 October 1944.
    Last edited by StefanM; 05-10-2010 at 05:11 PM.

Following the lead by reidii....

An id card for former political prisoner at Mauthausen Concentration Camp near Linz, Austria. Prisoner No. 683 was one of the first batch of Poles deported to Mauthausen-Gusen in early 1940. This first group consisted mainly artists, scientists, teachers, boy scouts, and university professors\lecturers. KL Mauthausen operationally followed the Nazi policy of Extermination Through Labour or Vernichtung durch Arbeit whereby tens of thousands were worked to death in granite quarries rather than being exterminated in gas-chambers or by shootings. So prisoner No. 683 was fortunate and resilient enough to survive his ordeal at Mauthausen.

Page 7 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast