Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 21 of 45 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 31 ... LastLast

Polish Forced Labour (Zwangsarbeiter/Fremdarbeiter) collection

Article about: by A.J. Zawadzki Hi Stefan, yes, very perceptive of you. Definitely the efforts of a left leaning group. You'll quickly spot the less-than-subtle hammer and scythe imagery on the cover: Atta

Default re: Polish Forced Labour (Zwangsarbeiter/Fremdarbeiter) collection

kindzjal, thanks for the additional pictures. No change from this corner, the patches still seem to look OK to me. Again, a hands on inspection would be necessary prior to a final verdict, but thus far no immediate red flags popping up.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    Again, a hands on inspection would be necessary prior to a final verdict...
    It's not necessary anymore. The piece has been sold today to another buyer, for ...only € 80,-

Bestreg,

kindzjal

Quote by 4thskorpion View Post
    I also made the same observation as you have re the badge on the "wrong" breast pocket. Not unheard of but against regulations and would likely have been a punishable offence
    Just to illustrate that some people did in fact wear patch on the wrong (left) breast pocket in contravention of the regulations that required it to be worn on the right.

Because this is an official document perhaps the regulations were not uniformly enforced by the German authorities.... or some simply did not know their left from their right... but Reichsführer it is on the right of the photo, right?

The workcard states Sofia Stancyk came from Łódź which the German occupiers renamed Litzmannstadt (Łódź was incorporated into Wartheland) her address is given as Lagerstrasse 31/55.

This is present streetview of ul. Skladowa 31/55 which was renamed Lagerstrasse by the Germans during the occupation.

Sofia Stancyk was sent to work on a German owned farm in the village of Freist, Kreis Stolp in Pomerania (now part of modern Poland since national boundary changes of 1945).

The farmers name is given as August Daske.
    His full name was August Hermann Ferdinand Daske and may have been related to the Bürgermeister (Mayor) of Freist who in 1937 is given as Farmer Albert Daske.
    Albert Daske may have been killed by either the Russians who entered the village in 1945 or later by Poles when the remaining German population was being forcibly removed from the new Polish territories—the record is unclear as to which.
    Last edited by StefanM; 08-18-2012 at 08:17 AM.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Finally managed to get a photocopy of this very rare book: Arbeitsrecht der Polen im Deutschen Reich (Private wirtschaft und öffentlicher dienst) by Küppers and Bannier, Berlin 1942. 228 pages. Polish labour in the German Reich.
    Last edited by StefanM; 08-20-2012 at 09:02 AM.

Quote by 4thskorpion View Post

Finally managed to get a photocopy of this very rare book: Arbeitsrecht der Polen im Deutschen Reich (Private wirtschaft und öffentlicher dienst) by Köppers and Bannier, Berlin 1942. 228 pages. Polish labour in the German Reich.
    4thscorpion, have you read the contents of this book or is it just a photocopy of the cover? Is there an abstract or can you provide a synopsis? I'm curious as its publication year is 1942, do the authors include any racial or ideological perspectives about Polish labour in the 3rd Reich and what would ultimately be the Polish workers' outcomes.

I guess what I'm asking is do the authors accept, and how prevalent and representative were the Nazi racial ideologies towards Poles in German civil society? Or did ordinary Germans become apologists once the outcome of the war was no longer in their favour?

One of the authors Hans Küppers was a Senior civil servant in the Ministry of Labour Oberregierungsrat in Reichsarbeitsministerium and the co-author Dr. Rudolf Banner was a public service governmental trustee (Regierungsrat beim Reichstreuhänder für den öffentlichen Dienst) hence the book is a "technical" work that discusses in great administrative detail the German use of Polish labour. In the introductory section it does discuss "Who is a Pole? (Wer ist Pole?" but as my German is not very proficient the book will take some time for me to get to grips with its 228 pages, especially as it is full of terms and acronyms for departments I am totally unfamiliar with.

Well the Germans were very good at 'technical' matters and how to be 'efficient' in accomplishing their goals. Too bad they were less able in the consideration of morality.

Quote by dastier View Post
    Too bad they were less able in the consideration of morality.
    Unfortunately I doubt that there is a nation on earth, either past or present, that did not wear that same hat at one time or another.

RE: RULEWSKI

Can't believe I haven't posted here before now.

I have a relative, my Grandfather's (Boleslaw), brother's (Bronislaw) son Grzegorz Rulewski.

Grzegorz Rulewski (born 1925) is listed on a Polish Military Service record as a victim of the Nazi Regime at www.straty.pl.
    Click [search in database] and enter Rulewski or whoever your searching for.

My mother always talked about relative that was shot for not conscripting in to the German army, not sure if he is the one, but he did serve in a forced labour camp from March 1940 – July 1943 in Mierzeszyn and 7.7.43 is listed as his date of death.

He had two brothers, Marian and Kazimierz Rulewski (the latter we called Charlie), he ended up like my father and his two brothers, as POWs in Scotland, repatriated into the Polish army and all saw out the war the. Charlie moved to Barnsley as a bricklayer by profession.

No immediate family member (other than my mother) can shed light on Grzegorz and neither can any family member in Marzecino, I think imho, it was best forgotten than remembered.

Regards

Stefan
    Rise & ReverberateGib mir wieder etwas Schönes

Page 21 of 45 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 31 ... LastLast