Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 93 of 226 FirstFirst ... 43 83 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 103 143 193 ... LastLast

Polish Hat Eagles

Article about: In my opinion this particular cap eagle was made by G.J. Garratt Toronto. Very unique, hard to find.

Hi Kosa,
    What do You think?

Sadly, I do not know this particular variant (as, I am sure many others) and neither I have the "source" information for comparison / judgement - originating from the reputable museums / collections (Sikorski, SWAP NY, MWP, NM-Kr, Pilsudski's London etc) - basically, library of quality pictures and / or actual examples.

Most importantly, even if I did know this variant - problems still remain - (as, I am sure you know), it is almost always impossible to judge based on a) small resolution picture b) without Avers and Reverse and c) without manual examination.
    With the risk of stating the obvious - all a),b) c) deficiencies are the case here!

Having said that - I do not think we are in the "dark end" - from the quality of your previous posts - looks to me that you may know the answer and / or have reasonable hypotheses (with "source" back up) - please share.

Quote by kosa View Post
    Wadowicznic, what do you think? A fake?

?

Quote by wadowicznic View Post
    (...)it is almost always impossible to judge based on a) small resolution picture (...)
    Resolution is good. I tested your gut feelings. For marriage happiness and Polish hat badges trust your gut feelings

Stamped white metal 59 x 42mm. Strange stuff as this is an early Polish hat badge design from the 20's and the badge comes from the 30's.
    Production of white metal hat badges started as late as in 1933. At the same time the Polish Army adopted a new design of wz.19. - You can see it in the picture below.
    Have no idea why S&F would manufacture an old design badge from alloys.

Cheers

Discussion of pre-war hat eagles is out of place in this thread, but let's cheat a little longer. Kosa, what's your take on this one as far as authenticity and date of production?

Polish Hat Eagles

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    Discussion of pre-war hat eagles is out of place in this thread, but let's cheat a little longer. Kosa, what's your take on this one as far as authenticity and date of production?

Polish Hat Eagles

Regards,
    Tony
    This looks to be a badge made for Strzelec [Związek Strzelecki] veterans in the 30's. Stamped brass approximately 28 x 36 mm.

Cheers
    Last edited by kosa; 01-05-2014 at 11:58 AM.

Fellows
    Set of good quality pictures of the variant indentified before.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Polish Hat Eagles  

Quote by kosa View Post
    This looks to be a badge made for Strzelec [Związek Strzelecki] veterans in the 30's. Stamped brass approximately 28 x 36 mm.
    Agreed. Although looks like alpacca / white metal in the pictures (which of course is brass with nickel added). It’s obviously a Rifleman's Association eagle, but the contentious part is the approximate period of manufacture.

I have been told by a knowledgeable collector that this eagle was produced in about 1914. While I am certainly no expert, it does not appear to be an early production eagle. I had told him that it appears to be a vet issue likely from the 1930’s, same opinion as yours, but he's standing his ground. I’m looking for any sort of evidence / reference literature that points to the period of manufacture. And we should really continue with this topic in the IIRP section.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

Tony, the prima facie evidence of the period of manufacture is fastening. Copper lugs came out in 1933. Insignia worn by the Rifleman and the Polish Legion had wire fasteners or were sewn onto a hat. Please move the post to the II RP section.

Cheers

Fellows
    Eagle of 12 Lancers
    I did take this picture at Sikorski's in London last year - have just managed to dig it up.
    Hope You like it!

Polish Hat Eagles

"Symmetrical" Spink on General's hat

Polish Hat Eagles

Default Plastic Polish Cap Eagle

Hi guys,

I like to share my plastic cap eagle in this thread.

Greetings, Marinus

Polish Hat Eagles Polish Hat Eagles

Page 93 of 226 FirstFirst ... 43 83 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 103 143 193 ... LastLast