Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 104 of 226 FirstFirst ... 4 54 94 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 114 154 204 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 2254

Polish Hat Eagles

Article about: In my opinion this particular cap eagle was made by G.J. Garratt Toronto. Very unique, hard to find.

More Navy
    Attached Images Attached Images Polish Hat Eagles  Polish Hat Eagles 

Fellows,
    Continuing with bespoke Eagles
    Anybody able to identify this one?
    Most likely – underground army than army on exile.

Polish Hat EaglesPolish Hat Eagles

Quote by wadowicznic View Post
    Fellows,
    Continuing with bespoke Eagles
    Anybody able to identify this one?
    Most likely – underground army than army on exile.

I think I have seen similar eagle Polish underground.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Fellows,

Although this Eagle is not the WW2 period made. I think it is worth posting – as it is a very rare Eagle and is one of the first patterns used by the various formations of “Polish Army” during WW1 – pre Independence in 1918.

A friend was lucky to find it in Poland.

According to materials by Mincer and Zawistowski (inc Zawistowski’s new book on Eagles 1900-17) – this particular variant dates back to 1917 and was made in Vianna (page 90-91, pic 101 -103).
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Fellows,
    One more puzzle to crack!
    Perhaps we are going to be lucky to ID / categorise another variant.

This set was located a few weeks ago in Poland and listed for an auction.

Amongst the various artefacts – a very interesting Eagle was found.

I find it intriguing, assuming that the set relates to the same person – I see
    The following question;

Why would an Air Force person had kept a field made Eagle – seeing and having access to very attractive designs available both in France and UK – unless the Eagle had huge sentimental value for him?
    So perhaps – we are looking at one of the first versions of Eagle made for Polish Forces on Exile – perhaps early French period and /or somewhere “on the road” between Poland and France?

Has anybody seen a similar specimen?

Service book – belongs to an aircraft mechanic from 315 Squadron – who was evacuated to UK via Balkans, Middle East and from France (06/40) to the UK.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Fellows,
    I hope you approve the idea that from time to time and especially when an interesting specimens are found – the pre-1939 Eagles are posted on this forum – (predominantly dedicated to Free Forces / army on Exile 39-45+).

Please also share pictures your pre-39 Eagles – so that the data base of patterns can be progressively build.

This one is a courtesy of the Friend form Poland

Pictures of rare pre-39 eagles send to me by a Forum member keen to learn more! - thanks

As far as I know this pattern was made in Vienna in 2017 / 16 and is based on the Eagle used by ‘Strzelec” and Pilsudski’s Legions. Pattern is featured in books / works of Mincer.

Rare find – I would say!

Fellows

I think – this Pin / Badge is well worth posting as it directly relates to the History of the Hallers’ Army – 1917-20+ and features one of the first patterns of Hallers’ Eagle.

This is the Badge of the Polish White Cross (PWC) – the organisation that was established by Helena Paderewski on October 31, 1917 with the mission to provide medical / nursing services on a front line and during years following conflict(s).

Initial members of PWC were recruited in USA and served in France during the Great War providing aid and hospital services to Haller's soldiers.

However, most importantly (as far I know), – c45 of them actually served in Poland including Bolshevik War of 1920 – then returned to USA and continued with the effort - shortly upon return the PWC had been amalgamated into various ex-combatants organisation in the USA. The materials I have come across clearly suggest that the PWC was small by numbers but significant by effort and achievements.

There was also the Polish Branch established in Poland during the inter-wars period (but the badge was different)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles  
    Attached Images Attached Images Polish Hat Eagles  Polish Hat Eagles 

Welcome. I present my collection of 1919 + eagles pattern variations. Regards Jaszczur

Jaszczur `many thanks! impressive collection!

Which one(s) has the best epic - story attached to it?